Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,499 Posts
Now, if we could only find 100% bio-diesel easily! These results are somewhat shocking!

Thanks again, Spicer, for all your hard work!

· Registered
1,499 Posts
RonJT;1964522; said:
Well I guess I will continue going to my B100 retail pump(11 miles from the house) and know that this is probably the best lubricity additive/combo fuel out there.

Now since I use it in large blends I suffer a small hit in mpg but I still average 21/22mpg with around B80.

I also throw in some TCW3 two stroke.

Truck loves the stuff.

Great work SPICER and once again thank you for all your hard work!
Ron, I can't find a location here in Orange County to buy B100. Where is your source located?

The next problem I have is how long can I store it before it deteriorates?

I would like to buy it and use it as an additive to my ULSD. Need to find some 1/2 gallon suitable containers for this.

· Registered
1,499 Posts
I still can't get over the fact that another form of diesel fuel (bio) has come out superior in lubrication abilities than ALL other lubricity products on the market. And, at 2%, it's not that expensive either. In fact, it's cheaper than many of the commercial additives tested on this study. Amazing!

If B2 is that good, B100 must be slippery as owl shite! I wonder what B100 would have tested at on the HFRR test... (Yes, I realize there's some drawbacks to running B100, especially in cold weather.)

I was really disappointed in Stanadyne's PF results in the study. While it did improve lubricity somewhat, it did not rank well in the final results. I'm sure it has other benefits, just not real great in the lubricity department. I've been using it for the last two years.

B100 will be my additive from now on...

· Registered
1,499 Posts
Duratys;1963859; said:
Interesting results......Good work once again.

Ive never heard of the Opti-Lube XPD, is it available to the buying public yet?
It is interesting how well this product, Opti-Lube XPD, tested. But, since the product is not yet available on the open market, AND the tested sample came direct from the manufacturer, I would be a little suspicious of it at this point. That, and the cost don't make it that attractive, even if it were readily available. Just my .02. YMMV.

Did someone slip us a 'mickey' ??

· Registered
1,499 Posts
gsbell;1965498; said:
Great job Spicer!

Looks like I'll reserve my remaining Stanadyne Performance Formula for deep freeze cold snaps. I'll hit Wally World for some 2-stroke oil as I don't see much bio around here.
Someone could make a fortune marketing half-gallon jugs of B100 via Walmart! :eek:

· Registered
1,499 Posts
RayMich;1965529; said:
I am also surprised that Stanadyne's Performance Formula didn't do any better that 33 micron improvement for lubricity. :(

I think that the lubricating properties in Performance Formula were OK with the old 500 ppm LSD fuel, but ULSD fuel is really dry and I don't think they changed their formula.

However, keep in mind that Performance Formula has other major benefits besides lubricity:
  • Wax Modifier / Pour Point Depressant
  • Wax Dispersant
  • Alcohol-Free
  • Freeze Depressant
  • Deposit Modifier
  • Detergent
  • Lubricant
  • Corrosion Inhibitor
  • Water DEMULSIFIER
  • Anti-Oxidant
  • Cetane Improver
Although lubricity is very important, these other benefits are very important to me as well. So I will continue using their Performance Formula. I'm going to start using their Lubricity Formula along with Performance Formula. I figure with both combined, I should be in good shape. I can cut back a little on the Performance Formula to balance out the dose of Lubricity Formula. :)
But Stanadyne says that using both PF and LF is not necessary. Maybe they need to reformulate PF... But, what do I know...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.