Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6,451 Posts
Good job, Arlen! Nice to know that my WalMart 2-cycle oil is not bad for my engine and actually one of the top performers. I guess my lesson from this is that if you can't find bio to make B2, you can get by with 2-cycle available anywhere.

· Registered
6,451 Posts
scottosborn;1967150; said:
I agree with a past poster-------------One could make a killing marketing 100% soy in half gallon bottles.
Schaeffer's does. It's called "Soy Shield" and is 100% Bio. However, it is is quart bottles and damned expensive! I would cost you a small fortune to try and dose at 2% with it.

Aha! they do sell it in gallon jugs now! 1 gallon to 50 gallons of fuel for B2!!:

http://www.schaefferoil.com/premium_soy_shield.html

I can't find a price for the gallon jug, but it sells in 12 ounce bottles for $3.91 a bottle. That comes out to about $43.00 a gallon to treat 50 gallons so darn near $1.00 a gallon or $25 a tank.

· Registered
6,451 Posts
I can't speak to their location or the other concerns you have, xtoak, but Opti-Lube has been around for over 8 years that I know personally and I have used their Winter and Summer fuel treatment as well as oil fortifier. I won a couple of bottles at a diesel get together and also purchased some years ago. I still have a couple of quarts of the oil fortifier in my garage at the moment. I'll have to look at the label and see if there's location information on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.