Diesel Place banner

81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Only by people with altered trucks. Everyone had an opinion but never proved 285/60/20 would actually fit on a STOCK truck...or provided pics confirming this. That's the problem..opinions from people with altered trucks..no pics and facts. The original question was how big on a stock HD? A recent poster just confirmed 275/65/20 fits, but will a 285/60/20 fit = a bigger tire again? And even more recently and specifically the BFG KO2? As it sits this forum is still waiting +80 posts later for an actual answer on the BFG 285. At least no one started an entirely new post and utilized the current threads to be efficient and keep data consolidated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My dealer is going to order a BFG 285/60/20 to try. If it works we will order the other 3 if not he will return the one tire. Pretty dang cool of them I must say....
. That is good of them. Please let the forum know what you find out from your test fit. Every truck is different but this would be good to know. Thx.

·
Registered
5 Posts
THREAD UPDATE

285/60-20 DO fit a STOCK suspension STOCK wheel truck.

I have a 2017 2500 high country L5P. I have completely stock suspension, never touched the torsion bars at all. It has the stock wheels, and mudflaps. I put on Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/60-20 and they fit absolutely perfect. NO rubbing whatsoever, I didn't have to trim or tie back anything. Literally just mounted them up and that's it. Doesn't rub anywhere, I've driven on them a bit so I've been full lock forward and reverse and up into some driveways that have a little bump to them, and they haven't touched yet.

As a reference on my stock tires I measured 39 3/4 driver side and 40 passenger side to the top of the front wheel wells.

·
Administrator
15,992 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
One thing I’ve noticed is that 285/60R20’s are a tad more expensive than 275/65R20’s. Seems like there are more options for the very slightly taller & narrower 275/65R20, too.

·
Registered
295 Posts
One thing I’ve noticed is that 285/60R20’s are a tad more expensive than 275/65R20’s. Seems like there are more options for the very slightly taller & narrower 275/65R20, too.
275/65/20 is the stock tire size on the 20” F250 and F350...So lots of options and plenty of new take offs available. I found a set and put them on my stock High Country (Michelin LTX AT2’s). I took them off because they looked a bit to skinny for my liking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2500 Denali...275 65 20 BFG's KO2 Just installed last night..so far so good, 285's would have been rubbing some..all stock, no torsion bar turns..
That looks great. I have an appt to get the same tires installed next week on my 16 High country 2500 and started worrying that I might need a leveling kit, etc. or some other mods. Appreciate your post very much!

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Was looking at BFG KO2's in 275/65/20 and noticed two different listings in the same size, saw this in the notes and thought it was interesting, the ones with the "DT" designation are a couple bucks more per tire.

Note: BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires meet the industry's severe snow service requirements and are branded with the three-peak mountain snowflake (3PMSF) symbol.

All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires labeled "DT" utilize a different tread compound designed to improve wear in high-torque applications and improved chip and tear resistance in gravel. Tires featuring this compound carry a 50,000-Mile Treadwear Warranty and are NOT branded with the three-peak mountain snowflake symbol. They can be identified by the "DT" branding on the sidewall immediately following the service description, and are labeled on the Specs page and in search results.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Has anyone tried Cooper's Discoverer AT3 XLT yet ? Pictures ? I'm tempted to try them...

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
what is everybody using (if anything) to adjust the speedometer once the bigger tires are installed? I'm now driving a '15 Denali 2500, guess my signature needs updated...

81 - 100 of 114 Posts