Diesel Place banner

61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
285 55 20's

I put 285 55 20's on my truck with no problems, probably could have gone a tad taller, but wanted to retain close to stock diameter. I tow a ton and didn't want to mess with MPH calculations or rubbing issues. Pretty happy with the results.

Toyo ATII Extremes with Fuel Cleaver Wheels.

Bad picture, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a great thread, let's keep it going.
I might have missed it but has anyone (or could someone) post some pics of stock rims, no key adjustment with 285/65 r20?...that is what I am looking to do.

·
Registered
59 Posts

On stock wheels I’m running the 275/70/18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. 33.2 high and 10.8 wide

I could go a touch bigger but there is no benefit for me.

Here is a comparison chart for the 286/60/20 you are asking about. My tires can give you a visual comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got a set of Michelin 275/65R20 for my 2017 Denali . It currently has 265/60R20. How much will this affect the speedometer?

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Has anyone tried Cooper's new Discoverer AT3 XLT ?

Bought a new High Country and looking to trade out my OE tires.

I'm usually a Terra Grappler or KO2 guy...

·
Registered
2 Posts
33x 12.50 on 20x 9 with +18 offset torsion bars turned for 1 1/4" front lift no rubbing or cutting. Put them on Aug. 29 so we will see

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
2500 Denali...275 65 20 BFG's KO2 Just installed last night..so far so good, 285's would have been rubbing some..all stock, no torsion bar turns..
Aren't these a D load rating in the BFG? I wanted this size but it was only in a D load rating, I wanted to retain E rating due to weight of vehicle and towing/hauling.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i'm actually looking at the 285/60/20 vs 285/65/20. 35.5" tall vs 34" but slightly wider. why is most looking to stay more narrow and only going taller? Seems to me these tire look very narrow...

So will the 285/60/20's rub due to width? Sounds like height is ok but not sure on width part.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i'm actually looking at the 285/60/20 vs 285/65/20. 35.5" tall vs 34" but slightly wider. why is most looking to stay more narrow and only going taller? Seems to me these tire look very narrow...

So will the 285/60/20's rub due to width? Sounds like height is ok but not sure on width part.

This would be in the BFG all terrain KO's

·
Registered
8 Posts
Avery0 - I ordered BFG KO2 265/60/20 (stock size) because I checked with 3 different shops and they all told me there was no way a BFG KO2 285/60/20 would fit on a STOCK tuck without any modifications. The 275/60/20 is only a D load rating. I have yet to have anyone confirm locally or on any forum that a 285/60/20 BFG will fit on an unmolested rig. Everyone chiming in has turned the keys, cranked the bars, or leveled it etc. The title of the thread is "STOCK" that means no modifications to me. If you get the 285/60/20 to fit without rubbing anywhere please post pics and let the forum know. Good luck.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Oh wow totally overlooked the weight rating. So I guess I need to focus on the 285/60/20’s. I’m surprise no one’s tried them yet without modifying and or turn the keys etc. on their trucks. Seems like the perfect size for someone that wants to go slightly larger with no modifications

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree, 285 would be great but everyone seems to be telling me they will not fit, without level or torsion bar adjustments. If they do fit without any mods then that would be great for the community to know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Aren't these a D load rating in the BFG? I wanted this size but it was only in a D load rating, I wanted to retain E rating due to weight of vehicle and towing/hauling.
The 275/65R20 is an E rated tire. I'm running them on stock wheels on a bone stock 2016 2500 Silverado LTZ Z71. Not a High Country but should be the same or very close.

The 275/60R20 is a D rated tire.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My dealer is going to order a BFG 285/60/20 to try. If it works we will order the other 3 if not he will return the one tire. Pretty dang cool of them I must say....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, good catch, 275/65 is E. I have Denali with 20's and you are saying the 275/65/20 BFG KO2 fit? Thanks.

Yes, they fit with no rubbing. However, it seems that the ride height varies even among identically equipped trucks. There is a thread somewhere, where a guy went to a dealership and measured several trucks and found them to be as much as 1" difference between them. I measured carefully and did a lot of research before purchasing as well as I had an appointment to have the torsion bars turned if needed. I wound up not needing anything.

61 - 80 of 114 Posts