Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
397 Posts
Looks like quite a project, but I will be following along to see how it turns out. I think I remember seeing that the newer body style vans have more room for the cooling stack. Are you going to keep the front end of the cutaway van?

· Registered
397 Posts
The old style does look better in my opinion though.

· Registered
397 Posts
So what is the cutaway actually donating at this point? Just the front end and wiring/dash?

· Registered
397 Posts
I forgot your engine wasn't already a van specific piece. Makes more sense to me now.

· Registered
397 Posts
with having the core support up I decided to get a fender mocked up so that I could get a feel for the lift and the tire width/stick out.
I'm good with the width, but have too much lift. I think I'm going to step back to a 1" body lift and back down to 5.5" suspension lift (currently at 6.5").
I'm shooting for an overall (tires, suspension, body) lift of 8.5-9", about 2" of it is tire so there's no way around that.
Do you need the body lift? Is it like the Suburbans where you need it to clear the trans?

· Registered
397 Posts
Looks good and if ever you decide you need it to be more aggressive you can always grab an STi scoop and bolt it in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.