Diesel Place banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Registered
2020 CV515
10 Posts
I have a 2020 International and running Stazworks 20 x 10 rims and goodyear tires. I am having a problem crusing at 65 to 80 mph and getting the shakes. Their is balance beads in the tires from Stazworks but I am wondering if I should get them balanced or add more beads? Any help would be great.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Sky Cloud

· Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2020 International and running Stazworks 20 x 10 rims and goodyear tires. I am having a problem crusing at 65 to 80 mph and getting the shakes. Their is balance beads in the tires from Stazworks but I am wondering if I should get them balanced or add more beads? Any help would be great. View attachment 652381
There's a guy on Youtube / Instagram called 'the lost box' who has those same tires, and has had issues balancing them only to realize they are actually not round. He had to lathe them down to be perfectly round, and that solved the 'balancing' issues. I wonder if that's what you're experiencing?

Also, how are those wheels / tires fitting for you? Did you need to modify the front suspension / steering to fit?
I'm looking at those same wheels from stazworks for my build. What width wheel did you get?

· Registered
4 Posts
I spoke with Craig Frost (Hutchinson Commercial Market Manager) at the King of the Hammers race a few weeks ago, and he said that have 20 inch two-piece rims with our 8x275mm pattern. With or without interior beadlocks. His number is 609-649-9866 or [email protected].
Thank you for the reference - I reached out to Craig, and here are the wheels they have available.
Shown in the photo of the Chevy with the crane.

Part Number WA2469
Cost ~$1,500 for 5x wheel + ~$450 for set of beadlocks
If a group order is made, it can bring down the price down to $1150 per set of 5 wheels.
Details 7,830lbs rating per wheel
11" wide, 2-piece, forged aluminum
Powder Coat Colors matte black, sparkle silver, dark gray
Lead Time 10-14weeks

Please LMK if there's enough interest in a group order.
My overall gvwr will likely be around 14K, so these are way over for my needs, and hopefully the 11" width is okay for clearances - this is looking like a good 20" wheel option without being a fully custom build.

Attachments

· Registered
6 Posts
Thank you for the reference - I reached out to Craig, and here are the wheels they have available.
Shown in the photo of the Chevy with the crane.

Part Number WA2469
Cost ~$1,500 for 5x wheel + ~$450 for set of beadlocks
If a group order is made, it can bring down the price down to $1150 per set of 5 wheels.
Details 7,830lbs rating per wheel
11" wide, 2-piece, forged aluminum
Powder Coat Colors matte black, sparkle silver, dark gray
Lead Time 10-14weeks

Please LMK if there's enough interest in a group order.
My overall gvwr will likely be around 14K, so these are way over for my needs, and hopefully the 11" width is okay for clearances - this is looking like a good 20" wheel option without being a fully custom build.
i would be in for at least one set of 5

thx

Andy

· Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I did hear back from Hutchinson after I contacted them directly. We only need a total of 25 wheels. I would take 10 or 15 as I don't consider it much of a gamble. So there is a minimum of 10 more needed - which is obviously 2 sets of 5. You can contact we directly at [email protected] if you want a set.

thanks

Andy

· Registered
6 Posts
"Often backspacing and wheel offset can be confused for the same thing, but in fact, they are very different. The difference can be explained quite simply: the wheel offset is the distance between the mounting surface and the center of the wheel, whereas the wheel backspacing is the remaining distance from the mounting surface to the back of the wheel, so to calculate the backspacing you just add the rim offset and half the wheel width."

so offset is 3.15" according to pdf. width is 11" so 5.5" + 3.15" = 8.65" offset.

I believe the theory is you run the wheels with the short side out on front and long side out in back, and they are roughly appropriate.

They run the same wheels on 2wd and 4wd, so they should be close enough to look good.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts