Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't you love technology. Steven and I are at the dyno as I type this. Truck is getting strapped down now...

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
This is technicly an event still not a result since it hasnt happend yet.....I'm going to move it for 5 minutes or so :p:

:joke: ):h

Breath some soot for me :D

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Alright, its been 13 minutes lets see some results.):h

·
Registered
808 Posts
Still waiting--There probably clearing the smoke so they can find the laptop.):h

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
:nopics: :lol:

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Well Were Waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (in Ted Knights Voice From Cadyshack)

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Must be dissappointing...... -:t :joke: :stirthepo

Just tryin to get something outta them. ;)

C-ya

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Wtf?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
My numbers are not really worth talking about right now:( , all I can really say is you can not get enough controll over the vvt with software( we were trying to shut it down to let my big turbo spool.) I will be looking to waste gate the VVT next. Tom has just started to play with the westers software, and it is amazing how fast he can make changes, Unfortunely my time schedual does not let me stay and tune with tom. But that ok, Next trip we will be doing the Wastgate thing and MITUSA pump. and the back to the dyno, the Dyno is a Mustang if anyone was wondering.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Funny, seems to be a lot of talk on the LLY VVT and controlling the boost.

When I dyno'd, all I had was a PPE Hot and a VA 130, no wastegate or any other thing out of the ordinary.

I dyno'd 532hp at about 25lbs of boost(all we could build). Maybe the dyno was off, but 2 TTS extreme LB7's turned 490's within the hour of mine, so seems pretty accurate.

Maybe the 04lly is different than the 05lly's. Who knows?

Keep up the good work testing, I know you'll get it done.

Rob

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
heard threw the grapvine, some good numbers for the 01 duramax, now we need to try the 02-04 ecm nick

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I agree Rob.....Not sure if there are any diferences or not but something just dosent add up. Ive seen your truck run and its no slouch:eek: I dont recall Chad having any tuning issues either:think:

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
To a point Dyno #'s are just #'s, My truck does seem to run well, next goal Track times, I think that would give me a better indacation of what's happening, also Chad now a his VVT wastgated.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
how was your rail pressure?

Just currious if its keeping up then any gain will be with tuning etc and not the pump......but if its down then you need to get that fixed before you tune it

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I forgot to mention that during my dyno runs the truck laid down due to a MAF code (dirty sensor) on most of the runs, the dyno guy didn't have any sensor safe cleaner so my runs were all they could have been. Kind of freaked me out at the time, my first time on a dyno, in a closed in room, no wind noise, turbo howling, exhaust howling and a sudden laydown at WOT, not fun.
Also after Tom talked to Nathan, we figured out we had been going the wrong way with the turbo setting, Tom and went back out on the street until 3:00am trying some changes before I had to head home ( Tom and I live 9hrs apart, My two trips to Montreal have been driving up, fly home, 4 or 5 days later fly back play for a day and drive home, next time I will make time to stay longer to tune) Made some great gains in drivability and upper end power over what we took to the dyno. Tom is very quickly getting a handle on the tables and with what we accomplished in such a short time, give a few day together and my twins will be dialed in, now that we are going in the right direction.

Just food for thought, to all the new people who are dying to hit that 550hp and beyond, it is a long road, realize that the is not simple formula the guarantee's reliable results, not as easy a throwing in a bomb, bottle or program in. It take time and patience to make it all happen.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
so what were the numbers? :D

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Just food for thought, to all the new people who are dying to hit that 550hp and beyond, it is a long road, realize that the is not simple formula the guarantee's reliable results, not as easy a throwing in a bomb, bottle or program in. It take time and patience to make it all happen.
Good advice, easy to sit at the computer and read so and so ran a xx.xx in the 1/4 mile with x stacked with x tune, and figure my truck will do the same. Doesn't happen that way most of the time. Takes time and fine tuning. Most of the time there's stuff done behind the scenes also.

I'm sure you guys will get there, sounds like you're on the way. Thanks for sharing the good and the bad.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
so what were the numbers? :D
Can't bring my self to do it, I have some of the best hardparts out there, and more comming, and it's so easy to screw all that up with a little changes in software tables.:)

I feel conifident that it will come, can't the blame #'s on the parts, they are doing their job, Just got a spend the time fine tunning (lol) the software.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.