Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know why the ZONE kits say "Not designed to work on dually models"?

I watched the youtube video that lift kits for less made when they installed one on their Denali DRW 3500, so I decided to buy the kits to level mine.

Just wondering why their marked not to work, the rear ubolts I received are 16" and seem to fit perfectly if I wanted to add the spacer in the rear.

Already installed the rear Fox shocks and they were longer but still fit fine.

I plane to install the keys, Diff lowering brackets and UCA tomorrow as well as the front FOX shocks and the BDS steering stabilizer bracket and shock.

Looking for any reasons I shouldn't put this on my dually before I start in the morning.

If no reasons pics will follow, looking for about a 2" level in front.

Then I'll decide if I'm going to install the painted fender flairs I just received or not, they were on sale so I jumped on a painted set.

Anything on the no dually warning?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
I like the fender flares. Does anyone make them without the rivets?

·
Registered
39 Posts
thinking of leveling my 08, how does the zone kit ride? ill take a look at that kit.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thinking of leveling my 08, how does the zone kit ride? ill take a look at that kit.
I think most of the ride comes from the shocks, and these Fox shocks ride better than stock and the Blistein 5100's I've installed n my last three trucks.

This is suppose to be a three inch kit but I only raised my front about an 2 1/4", so there is plenty of room from the new UCA's and the bump stops.

I also added a BDS steering stabilizer mount and shock.

·
Registered
16 dually
1,512 Posts
What’s your tire size on that? Do you haul a fifth wheel at all? Ride quality vs stock?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What’s your tire size on that? Do you haul a fifth wheel at all? Ride quality vs stock?
Old thread, trucks changed some since then. I think I had 275/65 R20 (34") back then and that kit rode great. Better than the BDS 4.5" I have now, and yes I tow a fifth
wheel.

·
Registered
16 dually
1,512 Posts
275 65 20 is my goal. Minimal lift. Any suggestions?

cranked up even more that has to put your cart near the 14’ mark, doesn’t it? I’m 13’4” stock.

·
Registered
16 dually
1,512 Posts
They fit my z71 with a little rub under heavy load, full lock. No way I’d guess they would fit the dually without biting in.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They fit my z71 with a little rub under heavy load, full lock. No way I’d guess they would fit the dually without biting in.
For Dually's it's referred to as the magic number tire size that fits with no other mods except wheels and tires. One of the reasons I first went with that size because I knew it would work from multiple other posts I had read at the time.

·
Registered
16 dually
1,512 Posts
Thanks man. Appreciate your patience

·
Registered
131 Posts
The 275/65r20 fitting with no mods must be a NNBS thing. I am thinking NBS would need a crank and trim. Any NBS owners tried this wheel / tire combo?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts