Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone had any experience with this kit, they are pretty reasonable on price, also if there is a better way to go please let me know, im new to nitrous and really have never messed with it, im only plan on running it several times at the strip, until pulling season really kicks in so i dont want to spend alot on it Please help me!!!
Brett

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
I ran this on my truck a few weeks ago. I thought it was a very nice kit. The programmable throttle switch is a nice feature.

They include a .105 jet in the kit but the original hose is only dash three and will support .79 jet at best. Thanks to Ratlover for pointing this out.

I called Zex and gave them the info and it was my understanding they would correct this in the future with a -4 line that has -3 fittings on it.

You can see the effects it had on my truck in my sig.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
I'm a fan of peicing my own stuff together but if its Trippin approved it cant be all bad :D

·
Registered
500 Posts
the original hose is only dash three and will support .79 jet at best.
Even with the -4 hose with the -3 fitting, that will increase the inside crimp tube to .093, still below the .109.

Also the 1/8"npt to -3 fitting they use will most likely be around .093 unless they modify it before packaging.

Just out of curiousity, what was the solenoid orifice??

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Actually the -4AN line with a -4AN fitting on one end and a -3AN fitting on the other has a inside dia of .150. Check it out. This is what I supplied in my kits. The nozzles were then opened up to .125 dia (same dia as the solenoids in the kit too). These solenoids only required 15-18 amps to open. The .156 dia solenoids required about 30-32 amps.

·
Registered
500 Posts
SD,

Thanks for the correction, after thinking about it, I ended up grabbing a hose and checking.

Have you check out the combo-flo valves??
http://www.combo-flo.com/index.htm

Only problem is they can't be pulsed, but other than that, there's really no disadvantage to running them. before its mentioned, you dont need to run a seperate co2 setup for it......

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Those look really nice for sure.

·
Registered
141 Posts
SD,

Thanks for the correction, after thinking about it, I ended up grabbing a hose and checking.

Have you check out the combo-flo valves??
http://www.combo-flo.com/index.htm

Only problem is they can't be pulsed, but other than that, there's really no disadvantage to running them. before its mentioned, you dont need to run a seperate co2 setup for it......
Aren't those combo-flo valves just adding another level of solenoids to the system? From their site "Compact electrically operated actuator valves open the Combo-Flo™ nitrous/fuel valves". This is an electrical solenoid that controls the CO2. Maybe I'm missing something, but this just adds a level of complexity?

brandon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts