Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would someone please do me a favor and check the part number on the engine cover on their 2004 (preferably) Yukon XL with Vortec 8100?

My was removed and never replaced at a dealership and would like to know what elusive part number I should be looking for.

The part number is printed on the inside of the cover (molded into the plastic). It's very small but it's there.

Thanks.

· Administrator
27,225 Posts
Would someone please do me a favor and check the part number on the engine cover on their 2004 (preferably) Yukon XL with Vortec 8100?

My was removed and never replaced at a dealership and would like to know what elusive part number I should be looking for.

The part number is printed on the inside of the cover (molded into the plastic). It's very small but it's there.

Thanks.
I believe you are looking for GM 12580999 (y)

· Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe you are looking for GM 12580999 (y)

This looks to be for the 6.0L. Need the 8.1L part. Way different based on the picture I see and what I used to have... thanks for the effort!

Reactions: OkDually

· Administrator
27,225 Posts
This looks to be for the 6.0L. Need the 8.1L part. Way different based on the picture I see and what I used to have... thanks for the effort!
Another part number I come across is:
GM 12625893
Shield Assembly

· Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Closer. Right vehicle, wrong generation (and engine). This is for 2007+

Try again! :D

· Administrator
27,225 Posts
Closer. Right vehicle, wrong generation (and engine). This is for 2007+

Try again! :D
The only other one i see online is for an 03' 8.1L listed on eBay

· Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only other one i see online is for an 03' 8.1L listed on eBay
Unfortunately the cover is vehicle-specific as well as engine-specific. I've not found one for the Yukon XL. :(

Reactions: OkDually
1 - 7 of 7 Posts