Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a thread a few weeks ago, about my truck "missin" over 40 for my 95 3500 6.5td 4X4, I have finally fixed the problem,(knock on wood). My first thought was fuel filter, changed that, didn't help, ran 2 tanks of fuel treated with sea-faom, nothing. Put a new lift pump on it, along with a new ops, still no help. It ended up being the Fuel Injector Driver (the little black box on the side of the injector pump), that little black box costs 350 bucks, but being my first diesel and seeing how this thing runs now, its worth its weight in gold! My brother in law has a 77 ford with a 400, he's been on me to "hook 'em", that is until he seen the truck, now he says he doesnt want any part of it!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
well good to here you got your problem solved and fix other potential problems while you were at it hopefully you located the new fsd away from the engine compartment as for your brother in law tear him up

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I put it in 4-lo and first and got out and walked around it while it went almost below 0 miles an hour, that was all he had to see,and suddenly lose hope in his Ford!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts