Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All i need is a 124" serpintine belt and ill be pumping air

The install was not that hard but more time consuming than anything. I decided to put a York model 210 A/C compressor where the second alternator goes. I have not installed a tank at this time as I'm getting ready to paint it. The pictures are horrible I know. Sorry, cheap camera.

The brackets​

I forgot to take pictures while I was making the brackets but here is a before and an install. The bracket I used was out of an 78 Ford if I remember correctly. I cut the entire left side of the bracket off. I used the right side to mount the compressor. I welder a piece of angle iron to the original bracket and mounted it to the two holes on the Duramax A/C compressor. I did it this way so the York would be high enough that i could still get to my power steering reservoir.

Removing the Ground Plate for install.

Mounting the compressor was a little harder. I had to remove the bracket that has the ground plate and the terminal block on it(top picture). I totally took it off. The terminal block just has a little tab you push in to release it from this bracket. I tucked the terminal block under the compressor(bottom picture). I also took of the radiator hose and ran the battery cable under it.

Mounting the Compressor.

Thats the easy part. Just bolt it up. I looked at the belt line up from the top and both sides to be sure it was lined up.

Installed the pressure switch and air/oil separator.

Heres a side view. It doesn't really matter were you mount them. I bolted the pressure switch to the top of the compressor. I zip tied the separator to the brake reservoir. I will mount them a little different later. All of this stuff will come apart in the spring to be painted.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After all those people were asking for pics on a york install. Cant belive no one has replyied.

Does anyone know were I can get a 126" Serpintine belt?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Looks good, I didn't see it because you have it in the LLY section. Thought about going with an EDC myself. How many rpms do you need with that compressor to get decent CFM? I found a pump but it required 3000 rpms for 9.1 CFM. What will you be using the air for? Mine will be for air bags, shocks, train horns, and then I will have hookups on both sides of the truck for an air hose.

Can't help you with the belt though, sorry.

Hop

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1200 RPMs for 8 CFM if IIRC. I had it on my old truck. I painted the truck using its own compressor. With the truck at idle it keep up with the paint sprayer.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
1200 RPMs for 8 CFM if IIRC. I had it on my old truck. I painted the truck using its own compressor. With the truck at idle it keep up with the paint sprayer.
that is pretty cool psinting your truck while useing your truck

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had to let the paint dry to turn it off.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Cool, this is what i've been wanting to see. Couple questions though..What vehicle did that bracket come out of? I know you said '78 Ford, but was it a car, truck, V8? And where did you pick up the serpentine pully?

Thanks. :D

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it came of a 78 ford truck. dont know much other than that. You could easyily make a braket out of a piece of plate and a piece of angle. You can get the pully from onboardair.com $115 A peterbuilt dealer $85 + $10 core or you could make on like I did. I took the dual v belt pully off the compressor and mounted it to a lathe. I just took the Center rib off the pully.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I knew I had it somewhere

1000 rpms 6.94 CFMs
2000 rpms 13.89
3000 rpms 20.83
4000 rpms 27.78

1 - 9 of 9 Posts