Diesel Place banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 2006 LBZ, Allison, CC, SB, 4x4 last Thursday . :driver: I'm up to 230 miles so far:grd: . I've been lurking & reading and it's a little overwhelming....there's so many choices about filters and oil changes and maintance etc. I'm not even going to think about performance upgardes yet.

Today I ordered Nicktane's fuel filter setup because it seems fairly straight forward...makes sense...and seems like it will be easy to install. What's the hot ticket for fuel/water separaters?

My next thing to figure out is oil changes. I want to get the dual remote filter setup. Which one is the "one"? There seems to be serveral different Amsoil kits and I'm not entirely clear on the differences. Someone also makes a silverado specific bracket. Does it work with the 2006 LBZ. I'd also appreciate a link or description of the by-pass filter and why it is good/bad. In general I get the sense that many people are running expensive oil and changing just the filters. Oil sampling is done to make sure everything is still kosher. Oil sampling will tell you what particals are in the oil but will it tell you if the oil still has all its viscosity/lubrication properties? As far as sampling goes where does one sample from? I'm thinking a valve just before the filter.

I have skid plates on my truck and haven't looked under it yet to see how it interferes (or not) with the drain plug. The fumoto valve seems like a good idea. Will the one with the hose barb work with a skid plate setup?

I've got a million more questions...especially about the Allison oil and filters, gauges, bed covers...but :blahblah: ...I'll stop for now.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
:welcome2:

Fumoto valve with the nipple is highly recommended when you have a skid plate.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip. I'm going to get one of those ordered up so I have it for the first oil change.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I don't take my truck rock crawling, so I decided trimming the skid plate to eliminate having it catch oil was safer than having a valve hanging down from the pan that could get damaged! Just my 3¢ (inflation)!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Boooyahhhhhh!!!!!! on your new truck. Congrat's. Now then, WHERE'S THE PIC'S!!!

Truck on!!!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
instead of worring about filters so much just go and drive you truck and when it is time for filters change them thatis what i do and i havent had any problems

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Boooyahhhhhh!!!!!! on your new truck. Congrat's. Now then, WHERE'S THE PIC'S!!!

Truck on!!!
So far it looks just like the picture in the brochure:crazy:

:nopics:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
instead of worring about filters so much just go and drive you truck and when it is time for filters change them thatis what i do and i havent had any problems
I've been driving all over the place compared to what I usually do and I still haven't cracked 300 miles yet...but I'm close...real close.:thumb:

I did stop and order some of those amp research automagic folding steps though. The wife did tell me that she wanted steps so she could get in easier:muahaha: .

·
Registered
433 Posts
Oil filters I usually run K&N or Mobile. Tranny & Fuel filters I usually run stock, normally from a supporting vender. I still have a couple tranny & fuel filters from my 01 LB7. Does anyone know if all the LBZ filters are the same as the LB7?

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
433 Posts
That is yet another good thing about GM. When they build a motor they keep all the common parts the same throughout the years and only tweak the little problems to finally perfect a motor. It is so nice to see a company that wants to make something perfect BEFORE building a new motor. I hope I didn't say that TOO loud.. :))

Jeff

·
Registered
83 Posts
:eek:

Uh oh......Now you've done it!!!

Theres this guy named Murphy.....
:deal: I think he has a law or something about things like this.......;)

·
Registered
433 Posts
:) I didn't say anything negative about an individual, organization, group, corporation, company, or anything/anyone else. I simply stated the excellence in a company that I have had 1st hand experience with. :) Prove me wrong...):h :muahaha:

·
Registered
1,683 Posts

Oil filters I usually run K&N or Mobile. Tranny & Fuel filters I usually run stock, normally from a supporting vender. I still have a couple tranny & fuel filters from my 01 LB7. Does anyone know if all the LBZ filters are the same as the LB7?

Thanks,
Jeff
Hey,

Just make sure the fuel filter is the newest updated design!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts