Diesel Place banner

XM Radio

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  dmaxalliTech 
#1 ·
Dmaxallitech,

I didn't get the XM option when I bought my 03 2500 HD LT. What is the difference between the XM and Non-XM factory stereos? Can it be added after purchase, to the factory stereo? I'd like the factory installation rather than an add on kit. If I have to go with the add on kit like a SKy-Fi can it be hooked into the factory Onstar antenna? Thanks in advance!

#4 ·
Tripp, check out www.xmradio.com there is a lot of information about differnt setups there. We got a 03 Tahoe that had XM Radio in it from Factory. When I got my 03 Duramax it didn't so I installed an aftermarlket unit in it. The only thing is you can't do any XM stuff with the steering wheel controls.You can save a few bucks on the XM Radio service by doing everything online at xmradio.com. I mean activating it and paying for your service, I think they charge $2.00 for sending you a invoice through the Mail. They OnStar antenna is seperate from the XM antenna. Again you have quite a few choices on antenna's. Mine XM has a low profile Antenna Speciaist mounted right in fromt of the Clyclops light on the cab. and the lead in goes in through the light opening.Edited by: BIGMoe

#6 ·
Trippin the Pioneer GEX-P910XM is what I put in my pickup. It uses a FM Modulator. I have to tune my factory radio to FM 89.1, then use the Pioneer to tune in the XM Channels. Not sure about the DVD consel, but it shouldn't interfear with the XM Radio.

#8 ·
Trippin said:
Eric,

What did the XM guy have to say in todays seminar?

Blah blah blah.. I dont remember
I think something to do with how they are gonna go to dealer activation for demo use. will be deactivated at delivery, soon will come activated from factory... something about how they keep changing antenna's.. they are up to 5 different ones now depending on vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.