Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

rumor has it that the xcelerator is a P.O.S. anyone here tried or better yet dynoed it

did it fix the 01 issues?

is it a SCAN tool?

why a NO return policy?

ENQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
A little birdy was flying around today and i heard him say, "it didn't remove speed limiter on the 01's" could be a rumor, but i think not. I trust the source it came from.

On edit- perky set of lemons ya got there dave.
Edited by: heartbeatcanada

·
Registered
91 Posts
Those lemons made me pucker up.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
I HAVE RUN AN XCELLERATOR THE PAST FEW DAYS.

1. IT DOESNT MARRY TO THE VIN LIKE THE PREDATOR

2. IT DOESNT REMOVE THE LIMITER ON THE 01'S

3. IT'S NOT AS STRONG AS THE QUAD 215 BUT IT HAS REALLY SMOOTH POWER AND SEEMS TO SHIFT FASTER THAN THE 215.--DIDNT GET A CHANCE TO RUN IT AT THE TRACK OVER THE WEEKEND. BUT THE ASSDYNO SAYS ITS NOT AS STRONG AS THE QUAD.

4. YES IT IS A SCAN TOOL AS WELL.

5. IT WILL ALSO RESET THE TRANNY FOR RE-LEARN LIKE THE QUAD

ALL IN ALL I THINK ITS AN GOOD PRODUCT, IT JUST DIDNT DO WHAT I WAS NEEDING IT TO DO. IF A PERSON WAS WANTING SMOOTH POWER AND AND QUICK SHIFTS ITS FOR YOU.

BUT I WANT MORE POWER THAN IT ADDS AND THE LIMITER TO BE REMOVED-------THAT SHOULD BE TAKEN CARE OF BY WEEKS END
Edited by: PEANUTGRWR

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
6. I've just added to my "Lots Of Toys" list in the classified forum ...

Mac

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
NAHHHHH GONNA HANG ON TO IT FOR A WHILE. BUT IF I DECIDE TO SELL YOU WILL BE THE FIRST TO KNOW

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey Mac,

I heard a little bird say something about you maybe switching over to a *gulp* Cummins.
Is this true?

AdamEdited by: GatorRam

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
BEEN OUT MESSING WITH THE XCELERATOR/HOT OJ STACK TONIGHT. ACCORDING TO THE PERFORMANCE MONITOR ON THE JUICE ITS QUITE A BIT QUICKER IN THE QUARTER MILE THAN THE QUAD. MAYBE MY ASSDYNO NEEDS TO BE RECALIBRATED

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
GatorRam said:
Hey Mac,

I heard a little bird say something about you maybe switching over to a *gulp* Cummins.
Is this true?

Adam

Well lets see ....

If I could get over the Huge Nose look that makes the Quad cab shorty look like a bob-tailing semi ....

The fake hideous looking white guage cluster ...

The coffee grinder floorboard feedback along with drivetrain vibrations..

Maybe !!!! Never say never !!!

Mac

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
The more Peanut keeps cracking the shell on this thing it sounds very familiar to a anouther program out in the market place to me ...

Mac

I'm locked and loaded safety is off ....Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Thw white GAAAAYuges are one reason why I won't buy a Dodge. Cummins is a good engine don't get me wrong but I really like the more stealth quietness of the Max. Don't you agree.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"Waitress.....I'll have some ice cold lemonade!"

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
The on screen prompts, and visible firmware is nearly identical to the Quad or Bully Dog. A few words changed, and a prompt for axle ratio (forget if the latest QZ has this) and same 4 level programming capability.

Doubt that I'll dyno yet this week, but I have a guest scheduled for Saturday/Sunday tuning/testing on modules so I'll probably work it in then...

May turn out to be a lemon, time will tell, but at least it can return to STOCK, and ships quickly/transfers to other vehicles...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Ok I'll bite.
I am running the TST Comp, duramaximizer, and the newest addition the Excelerator. The numbers I have are all from a G-Tech Comp, from a 03' ext cab, sb, allison, 4wd. Aprox wieght of 7400lbs with driver, on H2 tires 34.5" tall. Redline 3200rpms and shiftpoint of 3200rpms:
Duramaximizer and TST Comp "predator speedo calibration only":
Best run:
1/4 mile: 13.839 @ 99.24mph
60ft 2.108 sec
330ft 5.807 sec
1/8 mile: 8.872 @80.76mph
1000ft 11.551 sec
0-60 5.541 sec
HP#'s [email protected] Torque 730ft [email protected]
Got these numbers by having duramaximizer cranked up and Comp box starting at 6hp and 9tq and after shifting out of first gear turning up comp box to lev9hp smooth, with no bursting, otherwise higher level starts were quite bursty.

TST Comp, Duramaximizer, Excelerator, "Predator speedo calc"
Best run:
1/4 Mile: 13.260 @109.05mph
60ft 2.183 sec
330ft 5.791 sec
1/8mile: 8.692 @87.67mph
1000ft 11.169sec
0-60mph 5.474 sec
Hp#'s [email protected] Torque 1042ft [email protected]
These numbers were achieved on level 4 or race extreme program "Excelerator", duramaximizer cranked, TST Comp 4hp and 9tq, after shifting to third gear turned the comp up to 9hp, otherwise too much bursting at start. Starting on level hp4 tq9 is fairly smooth lots of smoke.. and spin. If I could get the starts down better I am sure I could brake the 13sec mark.
I was running the TST Comp timing as well, I tried looping it out and it still bursted at higher lever starts, and lost a little on the top end excelleration. So, I put the timing back that was my best run out of the stack.

When installing the program, I found to leave my modified stock program in from the predator, then up load that as stock program to the excelerator. Then when installing the excelerator program it modifies the predator program. So, I opted for the excelerator not to adjust axel or tires size "N" and "N" for increasing speedo limiter. Then when I returned it to "stock" my preditor program the speedo is correct for the H2 tires. So, I don't need to set the speedo with the preditor everytime, works pretty slick.
Overall my opinion of the Excelerator is that it smooth even with the duramaximizer, smokes pretty good feels as strong as the TST Comp box with the duramaximizer "when it isn't bursting." The Excelerator didn't burst at all, and it did seem to shift a little quicker. I am happy with it the numbers show a pretty go increase. Even thought they were taken from a G-Tech and not a track they are good enough for comparisions.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
good post.......I used to stack the quad the same way my predator took a dump and I lost stock programing and the only changes I was running were the speedo correction.............I assume an automatic?

tts corrects it all now from the speedo to the limiter

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yes it is an auto, all numbers are in 2wd and I didn't powerbrake it, i held the brake till about 1000-1100 rpms, the boost gauge still read 0. After doing the transgo, I don't feel like pulling it out again to add expensive high energy frictions. So, depending on how hard you want to be on the truck/tranny I am sure this stack could do better but don't know if it's worth it.

I think a lift pump may help more than powerbraking, I am looking at the Red or Blue Holley pumps just not sure which one to go with.

Really no one in the area that would be too much competition, however I have seen a black duramax with dual exhaust running around Madison Wisconsin, I always seem to be going the other way is the only problem, Sooner or later I'll be going the right way

Jon

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
I've seen no appreciable gain in HP or torque fromadding a lift pump on my truck. 250HP setup stillmakes 250 and 450HP setup still makes 450.

The swing was from 12+" hg to sustained 5+psi at pump inlet.

Now the reality is, the Dmax DOES seem to like the addition of a lift pump, just no peak HP gains...

·
Registered
115 Posts
well the lift pump will only help if you need one. AT 450hp you may not be running out of fuel just quiet yet. Seen as how everyone making over 500 rwhp has some type of fuel booster, me thinks in order to make that kind of power you need one. By the looks of it you made 494 rwhp, and i made abotu the same w/o lift pumps, but most guys making more have them. Especially those with the extreme programs. I'm just not convinced the holley pumps flow enough, even though they seem to be working for everyone. I just like overkill :) Edited by: ghettosled

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
In talking to BMDmax he made 500+ without, and now makes same with lift - for now...

I haven't played much with the higher HP combos, but I do have the ability to turn my lift system off/on while on the dyno to verify. I have very little additional restriction added with the pump off.

This weekend should prove interesting as I will be observing first hand the programming/tuning of a custom module on my truck/dyno...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts