Diesel Place banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just looked at the X-Monitor web site and it looks like they changed the display to a dot-LED and it looks great. Anyone have the new one out? I'm going to request a catalog

Me

·
Registered
130 Posts
Another digital gauge option is the Quadzilla Monster Moniter. I have one installed in my overhead console, and have been very happy with it. Certainly not knocking the X-monitor, just letting you know about another option. I think the digital gauges are much more sensitive and have a much quicker response time than analog, and they look cool, too
Here's a pic of mine

DinoMax

·
Registered
654 Posts
Here is an Xmonitor in the overhead.

·
Registered
237 Posts
CntrlCalDmax, that X-Monitor in the overhead looks good. I have been kicking that idea around myself. Now I might have to think harder. Maybe a spring project. Did you cut your existing cover or buy a new one? Looks good, thanks for the pic.

·
Registered
654 Posts
WOJO1,

I first installed it in the original cover just to the back of the cover. I found out I could not see it during the day unless I moved my head over to the center and looked at it more straight on. THIS DIDN'T WORK! So I bought a new cover, built an angled mount assy and glued it to the back of the new cover. This works great. The most time was building bellcranks for the two pushrods to mechaincally press on the original switchs on the display unit. If I did it again, I would set the alarms for each display before final installation and forget the buttons. I never use them anyway. The photo is taken from the drivers seat. The glare in this shop is from the flash.

LeoEdited by: CntrlCalDmax

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
just so you know dealer cost on these is 303.... I catch everything and the guy had the price sheet just laying there..... if they react fast i might get one... would look better than gauges IMHO

21 - 27 of 27 Posts