Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, New member here. I just made the move from cummins to the DMAX. I have done some research on the DMAX but I also found as a member of the turbo diesel register there is alot of info you can give me right off. I just turned 5000 miles can you all let me know any immediate upgrades you would recommend. Air Filter, Fuel Filters,Gauges,lubricants ETC...

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Welcome ....

Which year CTD did you own, and why did you switch?

Did you change the Allison spin on ?? If not you should, retain ring magnet on top of filter reuse after wiping clean ....

Air Filter, There are many types as you know the Uni filter seems very popular .... I haven't tried one yet,but available here at a good price as of late ....

Fuel Filters, The stock filter is Racor .... Do some research here on secondary "need of" additional filtering .... The OE catches sticks and stones and is rated at 5 um I believe but is less then adequate ... To go post or pre is your option .... To go with a Cat,Racor,Stranadyne ,Mega also is your own preference and with testimonials here ....

Gauges, same as you've seen in the Cummins world .... There are articles here on installs ....

lubricants, I'm on a Mobil kick right now bumper to bumper .... Synthetic except for the tranny .... Again the choice is always yours there are some excellent brands on the market today ....

ETC.... Absorb that and well get into POWER mod if you so desire ....

Mac

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mackin, Thanks for the response. I had a 99 CTD 4X4 QC edge EZ,Mag-hytech rear diff cover,double deep tranny pan,Isspro A-pillar gauges trans temp,pyro,boost, I think you get the picture? The main reason I made the switch was my wife to much noise,and the tranny.Was going to go with DTT or ATS but the $$$ are huge. I heard so many good things about the D/A and was'nt going to lose alot of money,already had a buyer for the CTD so I made the switch. I notice you went with a Suncoast upgrade any reason why? I also have a Hypertech box got it for nothing or I would have went back to edge great product. But only 5000 miles do'nt want to push it until it's broke in.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
I chose Suncoast for the retention of stock characteristic ....

I was confident that they addressed the two main problems with the Allison with excellent results .... I no longer have Over Drive Holding capacities and the converter, well lets say it's very stout ....No worries of blowing thru it ....

Mac

1 - 5 of 5 Posts