Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had a few 2500HD's, and lifting/fitting them with larger wheels and tires was pretty fuggin easy. I roll in to my local Chevy dealer last week and purchase a new 3500 dually (had to pull the trigger before they ran out and I got stuck w/new body style), intent on doing the same lift etc.. I put a call into Four Wheel Parts, and they got nothing. I roll into Agressive Suspension and ditto. They said they maybe lifted one dually last year, and I'm SOL. I'm searching all over the internet for wheels, and only thing I find that I like is the Rockstar wheel. Apparently nobody else makes black wheels for the freakin duallys? I should consider myslef lucky for at least finding the wheels, as of yet I have yet to see any lifts for it. I was told I can use a 2500HD lift, and custom U-bolts, but I'm dumfounded. How long have duallys been around? Am I a moron, or is this common? Anyone here just pop into their local off-road store and get it taken care of?

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
There is a few members on this site that do have lifted dually's...try the dually forum and ask over there...i know theres one on here that has a 6"-8" cst lift on 35's

Also shoot this guy a PM he has a nice lifted 02 dually...REY dela REYES

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
i beleive the 2500hd and 3500s use the same lift kits, but i could be wrong. i know ive seen many chevy duallys lifted. as for wheels i have to say theres a very limited amount of good looking black wheels for duallys, but what size are u planning?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Z71offroader;1572316; said:
i beleive the 2500hd and 3500s use the same lift kits, but i could be wrong. i know ive seen many chevy duallys lifted. as for wheels i have to say theres a very limited amount of good looking black wheels for duallys, but what size are u planning?
Thanks for the info, guys.. As far as wheel sizing is concerned, I was thinking 17 or 18's, but what I think and what they have is two different stories. Looks like the KMC wheels only come in 16", and they're not out until March

·
Registered
327 Posts
the reason why there isn't a lift availible for your truck is cause the whole front end of the truck has been redesigned from what I heard..... it supposeally has rack an pinion steerin', an coilovers...... should be just a lil time now for the lifts to come out

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
well if theres a chrome or polished wheel that u like u could always have it powdercoated black.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Rodeo_Joe;1572336; said:
the reason why there isn't a lift availible for your truck is cause the whole front end of the truck has been redesigned from what I heard..... it supposeally has rack an pinion steerin', an coilovers...... should be just a lil time now for the lifts to come out
Wrong truck ;)

I can't help on wheels, but all the reserch I've done is the Lift is the same for 2500 & 3500

·
Registered
861 Posts
2500HD and 3500 use the same kits.

·
Premium Member
9,432 Posts
YoKev,
2500's & 3500's are the same lift. The rear axle is bigger on the 3500's but thats something we can take care of with a new set of u-bolts. I saw you e-mail and mailed you back. When you get a chance we can put somthing together.

PS. Those new KMC wheels are SICK !!:rockit:

Unit453,
Thanks for thinking of me....

Nor-Cal Nick

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll check my e-mail when I get back to the shop today, and we'll see what we can do
Thanx!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Same deal here...

Hey,, I went thru the same thing over the last 2 months with my 06 4x4 dually. I ended up going with CST 6-8" kit which is being installed this week. Not a lot of folks were familiar with lifting duallys. I could write a book with all the crap I have heard the last few weeks. Finding this site forum was one of the things my extensive search for facts and information on the subject brought forth. Pretty happy about that, though I wish I had landed here sooner. As far as wheels I am going Alcoa 22.5s. Will post a few photo's when I get tghe truck back next week. Good hunting and good luck............

1 - 13 of 13 Posts