Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jumped in the diesel pool yesterday. 04 Rado D/A LB7, LS, EC, SB, 2WD . Dark Gray Met, dark charcoal cloth int. Buckets, full console, Bose w/6cd changer. Redundant radio controls, blah, blah, blah.

Sooooooooo, this should be interesting.

BTW, I get the truck home and what do I do? Lock the freaking keys inside. However, 24hr roadside to the rescue. 90 minutes later all is well. LOL

·
Registered
612 Posts
congratulations on the new addition to your family ..
.. hope it will serve you well

Jim

·
Registered
540 Posts
No Onstar??? They would have opened the door in minutes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Congratulations!!! I hope you enjoy your new truck (not hard to do at all). What a great way to start the new year.

Mike

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
My Advice, avoid this board for a full month...... Failure to do so will cost you big bucks!!!!! Way to many ideas on where to spend your money here!!!!

Also, Check the rear end fluid level, folks aren't kidding about many delivered low level. Edited by: srode

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No Onstar... I usually keep a spare key in the trailer hitch but I hadn't gotten to that yet. I have now. :)

I'll check the rearend in a few.

I asked a service man about the additional fuel filter, he thought it was overkill.

Is there an order to which I should consider add ons? I am a LineX kinda guy so I'll do that next week. Anything immidiate I should be doing beyong checking fluid levels?

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Grease the front end is the other reco I have heard, comes light on lube from the factory.

·
Registered
540 Posts
LongBiker said:
I asked a service man about the additional fuel filter, he thought it was overkill.

Ignore him and find a new service guy to use. The first thing I would do is add an additional filter. Pick your flavor and type but get one.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I agree with FirstDiesel about the fuel filtration. What you want to know from the service manager is if you add fuel filtration will they void warrenty. While his opinion is nice he is not the one who owns the truck.

My service manager didn't see the need for it either but after speaking to him about it and when he realized I knew a bit about the topic he had no prob. with it. He saw no problem as long as I could put it back to stock in the event of an issue.

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts