Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Edge with attitude monitor, If I took the truck in for any kind of warranty work and I removed the system would the dealer know via the stock computer by them plugging there diagnostics into my computer.

Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
No but they will see the pyrometer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what you are saying is if they did see the EGT wire, then the jig would be up, if so you could remove it and install a 1/8" pipe plug til you got back home!! Let me know cause I be a newbie.

Ron

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
ronbuick said:
So what you are saying is if they did see the EGT wire, then the jig would be up, if so you could remove it and install a 1/8" pipe plug til you got back home!! Let me know cause I be a newbie.

Ron

I have both EGT and Boost gauges mounted in the Pillar Pod.

I have a HI-IDLE and OD lockout switches installed.

I also have a Banks Exhaust and an AFE Stage II intake.

I run H2 Wheels with 33-12.50/17's

Never have I been asked a thing ????

Depends on your dealer I guess.

I also remove all Plug And Play electronics for dealer visits and have never been asked anything about my MOD's.

I even have a small switch for the VA Pressure Type Box in my console. Never asked about it either.

T
NYEdited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
As T
NY said, I wouldn't worry about it. IF they really knew there stuff they could read EDGE on the pyrometer and they would know it is for the attitude. But chances are if they know that much it is because they are installing them themselves. If that is the case you likely have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I miss the goodies on the Attitude but this post makes me glad that I have the Edge with a separate SPA digital guage. Can't be held at fault for having a guage, especially if it doesn't say Edge on the pyro. My service guy wouldn't gig me put you never know when she might go down or who might look. Once blackmarked for improper accessories it hard to clean the slate.

Bob

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
GM has a camera under the hood that can see you messin with stuff. Why dont you think they did away with the UH light on 03s? They had to pay for that camera, It beams a signal via Onstar back to GM headquarters and then the dealer is notified that you visit via GPS, any dealer you are with in 20 miles of gets an alert, so if your traveling, your alerting alot of people! It also appears that GM is using a invisable dye on the connectors that is only visable with a special light, its on the latches for the connectors and your finger prints will show up bright yellow under the light. Last I heard they were working on a tamper proof lock similer to what the power co uses on your meter, it will go on a DLC plug and also will go on the latches for the engine harness connectors. Expect to see them out soon and we are being told at the dealer level to install these at the trucks first visit after the release. And dont think you can just go and buy these, there will be a form that must be filled out which must include the infomation on who, why and when the lock had to be removed. They are charged to the Vin, for instance, if you have had three repairs that needed them to be used, but your vin is charged with 4....uh oh. GM is getting very serious on this stuff and Its a matter of time before the Sh&T hits the fan with them. I dont wanna be the first guy that gets caught with a broken or removed tamper device.....

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Eric,

That's a funny post, camera's and such..........

The tamper proof locks, if they ever come out I will NEVER goto the dealer again.

You can't put a lock on something that you can't open the hood on.

Besides, someone with an injection molding company will farm them out to a chinese factory, mass produce them and sell them on E-BAY within a few weeks.

No-One will ever buy an extended warranty from GM or aftermarket. Most will avoid the Dealer at all costs, I know I would.

I am willing to bet that GM will get sued over ir. If it was not on the original warranty contract, unless GM has a clause allowing them to change the warranty contract to exclude work over a tamper proof lock added after the fact, it won't fly.

Besides they are already trying to weazel out of the Injectors with the filter changes. GM is unbelievable.

GM will wind up screwing themselves again.

T
NYEdited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
dmaxalliTech,

I knew it...I knew it...I knew it...Those slimy [email protected]@rds. Now I know why they took out the glovebox light, Their taking upskirt shots and selling them on that dang internet thing.Edited by: WanaDmxsub

·
Registered
91 Posts
I took my truck in for the service 4wd light, and an alignment (which was all out of whack from a 15lbs boost launch at the track, and having the torsion bars cranked up). I removed the Predator, but the boost gauge remained. When I picked it up, they asked what happened. I told them, then the tech said that it was the fastest Duramax he had ever driven, and couldn't believe 22lbs of boost. I told him it was back to stock, and I run a programmer on it that makes it go pretty good. He had me install it, and give him a ride. My point, some dealers don't care. Now I am sure if I melt down the engine, GM might get testie.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
I have impressed alot of people around here with these trucks. Everybody here is into the performace thing, I just put a supercharger on a Vibe yesterday (waste). The owner of the dealer went for a ride in Mike Tomacs truck and came back white as a ghost. Its all about the dealer.

·
Registered
463 Posts
dmaxalliTech said:
I have impressed alot of people around here with these trucks. Everybody here is into the performace thing, I just put a supercharger on a Vibe yesterday (waste). The owner of the dealer went for a ride in Mike Tomacs truck and came back white as a ghost. Its all about the dealer.

Eric,

I've got a great idea!

Talk your boss into opening a dealership down here in sunny, warm, Florida, and you can run the whole show, right here!

That way, I won't have to drive WTH up there to get the best GM service in the country!

What do you say?

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
dmaxalliTech said:

Would have like to have seen the picture,

T
NY

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
JimWilson said:
GMC-2002-Dmax said:
Never have I been asked a thing ????
Depends on your dealer I guess.
That's a fact. My dealer nit-picks about every [email protected] thing...
Well it's official everything stinks in NJ ..... The side of the Turnpike, thanks big bear,the slaughter houses and now the dealers .....

Mac

1 - 16 of 16 Posts