Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I've been starting to do things to my truck. I did the mods to the stock airbox to open it up, but would like to keep it because the GM filter seems to be the best thing for these engines. I already have an Edge Juice/attitude set on level 1. My primary goal is fuel economy. I am also considering a catback exhaust as it seems there are too many problems if I remove the cat and down pipe.

Would an aftermarket intake tube/pipe help me at all? I saw the thread about the paint peeling on the one manufacturer's pipe. I've seen that I can buy the AFE intake tube (part #54-10619 http://www.proguard7direct.com/rpStoreFront/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=982) for $95. I was just wondering if it's worth it for me. Any opinions? Thanks.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt. no opinions on this???

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
With the stock airbox you won't see any difference at all, save your money. The stock inlet pipe is as big as the aftermarket ones already, just is flexible instead of cast.

Use the money on a catback system and lower your EGT's, gain some mileage, and get a nice rumble.

$.02

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.