Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone hit me in a parking lot and I thought 200$ would be fine for a bumper. I called the local salvage yards and nobody had a good bumber so weighed having a rollpan as an option.
I really like the look of the stock bumper but paying around 400$ is crazy. With a rollpan I may be paying the same amount (after paint) but it would give the truck a custom look.
Seeing how I have a 6" lift I cannot determine if it would look right. Keeping my hitch off is not an option here either. Any input would be great. Thanks, -Chase

·
Registered
732 Posts
You could think about recessing the hitch behind the roll pan. My buddy had a 1/2 ton short box 2wd that he lowered and blacked out. To be able to haul his harley, he put the hitch behind the roll pan and then used a drop down license plate bracket to hide the hitch. Any time he needed to haul the harley, drop the plate, put the hitch insert and pin in, hook up trailer light harness, and off he went. Looked real clean too.

This is one option for a hitch. All depends on how much you pull with your rig.
Good luck, let us know what you decide to do.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...tom-0/p-2004350/N-111+10201+600002324/c-10101

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think that would work on my 6" lift.

·
Registered
808 Posts
It will work, I have seen it done. You will need a bigger drop hitch though.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Just a thought, the stock hitch also attatches to the bumper. I think with an aftermarket type of hitch that it would work nicely and not look stupid.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Does anyone have any pics of a rollpan on an HD? I want to do this, but have never seen one...

·
Registered
2,393 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
that truck dont look to bad and it would look even better on a lifted truck

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
holy hooters:Whoa: devil. i have one on mine. you might even be able to use the stocker. just drill some holes farther back! i made my own hitch, and drilled holes farther back.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
would it look bad on this? I guess drilling out some more holes will not be that bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Someone hit me in a parking lot and I thought 200$ would be fine for a bumper. I called the local salvage yards and nobody had a good bumber so weighed having a rollpan as an option.
I really like the look of the stock bumper but paying around 400$ is crazy. With a rollpan I may be paying the same amount (after paint) but it would give the truck a custom look.
Seeing how I have a 6" lift I cannot determine if it would look right. Keeping my hitch off is not an option here either. Any input would be great. Thanks, -Chase
Say I have a new take off bumper, that is paintable, and you can have it for that $200 if you want it....let me know...;)

Where are you at????

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
would it look bad on this? I guess drilling out some more holes will not be that bad.
I like a nice bumper instead of a roll plan.. Is that a 6in lift?It looks bigger>>>Nice truck.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like a nice bumper instead of a roll plan.. Is that a 6in lift?It looks bigger>>>Nice truck.
I think you are right about the bumper. That is a CST 6" lift. I have decranked the truck since the picture. Thank you on the compliment.

Say I have a new take off bumper, that is paintable, and you can have it for that $200 if you want it....let me know...;)
Where are you at????
I would go for 200$ but I need a chrome bumper. I am in savannah ga 31419.

·
Bac To The Future
23,008 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts