Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bac To The Future
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading some threads on WOT shift points in here, I assumed one of my problems at the track was the truck shifting too early. I've read about moving the mph from 17 to 20, and so on...

So I finally downloaded the TCM programming last night to find out. Upon examination, my Pattern B (towhaul, in D) shifts look like this:
1>2...28 mph, 3200 rpm
2>3...56 mph, 3200 rpm
3>4...74 mph, 3250 rpm
4>5...106 mph, 3260 rpm

I compared Toman's Trans tune, thats supposed to be a very nice upgrade and works well, and the shifts are the same.

Is there something in there that I'm missing?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
What are you wanting to do? Does Tomans tune alter the half throttle shift points?

·
Bac To The Future
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are you wanting to do? Does Tomans tune alter the half throttle shift points?
Well, I'm thinking that maybe the trans is shifting too early on the big tune at the strip, and maybe I can improve things by extended the points out a couple mph.

I dont know jack about this.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Use the "adjust by percent" function in the RPM part of the wot shift to get to your desired RPM, then adjust the MPH the same percent. This will get you close

·
Bac To The Future
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, then next question is, what is the opinion on moving the shift points up a couple MPH in every gear? Would it help?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
It seems to help ET, but not so much for MPH.

·
Bac To The Future
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Helping ET is what I want. The truck seems to run efficiently (mph per et) so far...just trying to find those last couple tenths.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Use the "adjust by percent" function in the RPM part of the wot shift to get to your desired RPM, then adjust the MPH the same percent. This will get you close
Tom, I've never had to mod the MPH settings, only RPM...Maybe I'm using the wrong software...

Let me know if you need another set of eyes to look at your tunes...

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Tom...get some good logged runs and see where exactly your shifts are occurring. Mine are set the same as yours but in every logged run with an RPM setting at 3250, my shifts still don't occur until around 3400.

On the track it almost seems as though the MPH settings are not even considered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts