Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I first noticed a vibration at 15,000 miles. I took it to the stealer and they could not hear what i was, so nothing was done. That was 3 months ago. As time went on i noticed it more and more, alot at 63 mph. I took it back to the stealer last week ( 20,000 miles ) went throu 3 tecs in three days and 3 trips back to take them on test drives to show them what i was hearing. They called me on friday and told me that the truck was fixed, come and get it. Sayed it was a u-joint, BS but ok, lets see. Drove home same s--t. Took it back monday morning and got the " its the tires" story again. Said they would put their expert on it. Got a call that night now the story is the rear end is worn out, daaa, thats what i told them three months ago. The mech said it looks like a unit with 150,000 miles. I have not done any real towing with the truck yet. Anyone have this before?

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Did you change the rear diff lube (that was more than likely 2qts low) at the first oil change? Have you done a lot of brake stands?

What did they tell you is worn out, specifically?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they said it was the ring and pinion.
Just normal driving, no hot rodding

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i changed the diff lube at 5,000 miles it was 1.5 qt low and ugly

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I am thinking the same as saratoga , it just is not a good idea to allow the dealer to do all service work or anybody else for that matter. For the time it takes check the levels yourself when you get it home ,(new or used).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts