Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need an opinion on what the problem could be with my truck. It will be very hard to check though, as it's in Residence parking unable to move.

On Tuesday morning, I went outside to start my truck to give my friend a ride to his car. I started it with my remote starter and when I got to the truck I proceeded to put the key in the ignition and turn it to "run" mode. The ignition wouldn't give a final click into "run" mode so, unfortunately, the starter engaged for a split second with the truck already running. Of course I didn't think anything of this, never done it before on this truck but have many times on other vehicles.

Wednesday morning, I again attempted to start my truck. First tried the remote starter. Nothing. I got in the truck and tried to start it with the key only. Nothing. Accessory lamps and indicators come online, and there is a "click" coming from the starter suggesting the solenoid is engaging, the starter just won't spin over. I did the best job I could of checking the wires but it's just too cold out right now. I'm now quite frustrated at myself for this predicament.

The batteries are completely charged and the connections are good. And there is a substantial draw on the system when I turn the key over.

Could I have cooked the motor on the starter? Hydrolock(I highly doubt this one)? Any ideas?

I would like to get this thing going ASAP, as I've been putting off going out with a girl I met recently until I have a working vehicle!

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
If the last thing you did was install a remote start, then you should start there, as it were.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's had a remote start for as long as I've had it. It's out of my hands now. Sounds like the starter and I had no way of changing it so I took it to a shop. I'll have it back in the morning. :(

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Bad news, but at 250kmi, it's likely way passed due

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I burnt my starter this past weekend. Put a brand new Bosch in it this mornin', HOLY CRAP...I've never heard a diesel roll like mine does now. When I started it after swappin' starters, it actually scared me. I barely hit the key and it's goin'. List price was $440, my price $300..still to damn much money! I'm curious when you get yours back what you think, if they change it that is.

While I was under my truck I noticed oil comin' outta the rear wheel. you fix one thing and another pops up. It's a good thing I like wrenchin' on the ol' beast!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well. I got word from the shop this morning at 9:30am. They tracked down a short in the cargo lamp assembly that was draining power. They said as far as they know it's working now. The starter is turning over and everything.

They called again at 11am with new word. As it was on it's way out the shop, the starter piled up on them and seized. So now it's getting a new starter, with new bolts(the bastards tried to use the old bolts :\).

The other day when I first took it there, I said it was that the starter seized. I believe I was right in saying that, now. Unless, of course, I have the power to control the fate of objects in my mind.

But thankfully, it will be repaired this afternoon in about an hour!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
In case it's not working, where's this girl and what's she look like.

:)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DavidPhillips;1578021; said:
In case it's not working, where's this girl and what's she look like.

:)
Rofl :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts