Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never had this problem. 30* outside, sat out last night, just cranks and cranks, no fire, any suggestins?? Thanks

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Have you tried to see if you have lost prime for some reason? Plug it in for awhile perhaps you may have gotten a slug of water in the fuel.That will aid in starting.

Is it spinning over at a good clip?

First two things I would try

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two new INTERSTATES, turns over good, have it plugged in now, will see after a bit, also has fuel additive in this tank full,???

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Lost prime or injector problems.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Plugged in for 10 min. retried and it took off and running fine NOW, but would like to know the problem if there is going to be one?? It has never had any injector problems yet, has 73,000 miles on it. I had the Edge set on 2 or 3 last night when I parked it?? Put it down to 0 to restart?? Not a clue??????????????????????????????/:help:

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Might try taking off the juice to see if it will do it again. Might have some connection issues.. Otherwise I would say like the others did, prime or injectors..

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Check the balance rates if you can. Also have the glow plugs checked.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do I need to take it in to the Dealer for that??

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
If you have access to a Predator programmer you can check them with that. Otherwise yes, you will need to have the dealer check them for you..

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
PPE, Quadzilla, Bullydog, predator , bd power and most other tuners can read codes.

Snap-on scanner, Tech 2, and other higher end scanners can also read the balance rates.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine did the same thing, was the juice, waiting for replacement.Many people experiencing this. Mine was throwing a crank sensor code. The first time mine would not start cold I plugged it in and it started in a few hours. Next time it would not start I plugged it in and would not start. Took the juice off and it lit off like it was new again. Have not had a problem again since I removed the juice. Could also be glow plug or intake heater, any ses?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts