Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 3500 duramax I've had 4 injectors replaced at 18k miles because it wouldn't start 2 weeks later back at dealer again thgey reprogramed the computer it was starting ok but still not right.and then 2 weeks later it starts almost the same thing hard starting but not all the time going back to the dealer this tuesday ,but what I have notice is that the last 3 times I filled it up thats when it doesn't want to start I gote use strating fuel intil it drops below 3/4 of a tank then it starts ok again

anyone ever had this problem?or herd of it?

·
Registered
540 Posts
I hope you don't mean your using starting fluid spray???

·
Registered
59 Posts
Try pumping the primer pump near the fuel filter, mine did the same thing once
and this worked for me. I havn't had a problem since.

It took about 8 to 10 pumps to start!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that doesn't help. this only happens when theres more than 3/4 tank of fuel but when its blow that it does start ok

but not like it should 5-15 seconds to start now all this happens when the truck is warm not when its cold it starts ok when its cold most of the time

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got my truck back yesterday starting great now they replace the other 4 injectors and the fuel pump

Now its smoking at idle from the exaust:( I'm getting realy pissed off now going to talk to the service rep tomorrow will see what happens

·
Registered
692 Posts
what color smoke, and was this after you picked up the truck.again it sounds like they where guessing on what injector to replace. what work was done?did they drain the oil and refill it? i had one that i replaced the leaky injector and it took about 45 min of run time to clear all the furl out of the exhaust...

·
Registered
448 Posts
IIRC aren't the Dmax's cylinders numbered differently than other GM engines? Something like the odd number cylinders are on the other side?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts