Diesel Place banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
have you been greasing the pivot ball fitting? sounds like something is bound up, as I havent had any issues with mine...yet.

as for the rock auto how did you hear about us box, that is where you put the discount code to get 5 percent off.

and yes, 92 and 93 6.5L Lift pumps are electric and run off the OPS, so a bad OPS can prevent LP operation.

·
6.5TD Post Addict
9,886 Posts
I'm a little un-impressed with how little pressure it seems to take before blowing the lines.
Didn't really blow the line if you broke the locking tab did it?

Also you need to keep in mind the force multiplication of the the hydraulics acting on the pivot fork-lots of force is required to disengage the clutch.

I am wondering if you have what has happened to me several tmes,where a clutch disc torsion spring has broken or fallen out between the pressure plate and disc-although it has never caused me to blow any hydrailic elements but mt truck has a combination release beraing/slave cylinder vs the pivot fork style you have?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Didn't really blow the line if you broke the locking tab did it?
To be perfectly honest- most of what I know about these trucks is from reading/talking. My real life experience is on the low end but increasing every week!
So... I just know something blew. lol. The lines are all still attached. (the first time it happened, with the old parts, the line blew completely off).
I've never attached a line to the clutch master or slave so I'm not quite sure how it all works.

You're right that I'm being hard on it. I just had a very bad day - I was really looking forward to driving my truck again!

Also you need to keep in mind the force multiplication of the the hydraulics acting on the pivot fork-lots of force is required to disengage the clutch.

I am wondering if you have what has happened to me several tmes,where a clutch disc torsion spring has broken or fallen out between the pressure plate and disc-although it has never caused me to blow any hydrailic elements but mt truck has a combination release beraing/slave cylinder vs the pivot fork style you have?
I'll check into it. When I do ... I'll be buggin for more help.
I just got a replacement trans today. Clutch, bell, etc. full package and supposedly everything works good. (came out of a truck with 164k miles).

I hope to goodness this new trans works well! lol.
once I get them swapped and I finish my home remodel I'm going to (or at least I claim this now) leap into a huge learning experience and rebuild it and diagnose the problem.

You're thinking something as simple as air in the lines wouldn't cause the excessive pressure/blowing?

I don't know how, but I'm going to try to hook the lines back up and bleed it and see if things are actually locked up if I get the chance this week.
I'm probably having the new tranny/clutch swapped out this weekend. (would do it myself but I really gotta put my house first at the moment.)

Racer, you're an extremely helpful fellow. Thanks for all your input.
So many others here are as well but especially you. :thumb:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
have you been greasing the pivot ball fitting? sounds like something is bound up, as I havent had any issues with mine...yet.
No, haven't even gotten through a tank of fuel yet. Heck, I was planning on registering it the day the clutch hydraulics blew. I don't think I've owned this truck for a month yet ...

[/quote]as for the rock auto how did you hear about us box, that is where you put the discount code to get 5 percent off.[/quote]
So, for next time, what is the discount code? I like me some discounts!

and yes, 92 and 93 6.5L Lift pumps are electric and run off the OPS, so a bad OPS can prevent LP operation.
yup.
I got/had/RIP a 96' that I had to replace the OPS in. At first I wasn't sure if the 93's were the same, several have got me on path with that now.

I think I'm starting to understand the 93' and I'm glad its the one I have currently.
Heck, when I first bought it (like, uh, 3 weeks ago or so) I didn't realize that 93's didn't have a PMD.
I saw the throttle and cruise cable and didn't know what to think! But I was already lost under the hood because of all the sloppily routed hoses, heater, gauges, etc. for the former veggie oil conversion.

All I knew at the time it was 7pm and we were 3 hours from home, it was a diesel 4x4 for $2500 with a near perfect body, I had to be at work at 7am and my wife needed to see her grandpa (who is expected to die very soon) before she left town.
So, I had to buy the truck. I couldn't make my wife drive me back to Evansville without seeing her grandpa first and I couldn't skip work.

unfortunately the reason I was looking at trucks is because my f150 is on its last leg and I needed a dependable work truck immediately.
Not exactly what I ended up with but in the end I think I'm going to be pleased.
The f150 is doing a good job getting me to work while her replacement works out its issues.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts