Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to blink my running lights, all of them except headlights. Where can I cut the wire and put in switch ? what color wires am I looking for ? any advice or help is appreciated.):h

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Probably the best place is right after the park light relay. I'm guessing it will be brown.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I've often wondered how this could be done also. So you could give the "thank you" flash to the truckers when they let you know that you are clear to move over. I hate tapping my brakes, because it kicks the cruise off.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Have you ever thought about hitting you emergency flashers and let them blink a few times.Even show up better than running lights

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Have you ever thought about hitting you emergency flashers and let them blink a few times.Even show up better than running lights
Nope, but I am simple. That's an easy way to do it.:thankyou2

·
Registered
92 Posts
I want to blink my running lights, all of them except headlights. Where can I cut the wire and put in switch ? what color wires am I looking for ? any advice or help is appreciated.):h
At the large connector on the Passenger side (next to glove box) opposite of the Driver side fuse panel. If you remove the reconnector (two tabs - one top, one bottom) and looking at the back side, on the lower right corner is a small brown wire next to a large black (ground) that I tapped into for the roof lights I installed. That is the wire for the Parking Light circuit. You should be able to tap into that to install an On-Off switch. If needed, I can open mine and get a photo for you.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
I see what you want to do now. Probably the easiest place is to cut the wire that goes from the BCM to the Park light relay. I'll post pin position and wire color when I get a chance.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn you guys are quick !!! I'm gonna tear into it sunday and install gauges too :D Finally. See how far I get before football starts:ro)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts