Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know I have an 84 burb. I have been fighting a 2.0 volt draw for the past year. My main question is does anyone know the correct wiring for the batteries on these beasts? And my other question is what are the common draws on them? Besides glovebox light, alternator, aftermarket accessories, and dashboard. I'd appreciate any input.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,490 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already have the complete wiring diagram. I should've said that. My bad. Are there any other things besides what I listed that could cause such a large draw?

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Glow plug controller could make a draw...

When dealing with stupid lil draws like that, I remove all the fuses then just keep on unplugging stuff till it goes away.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Glow plug controller could make a draw...

When dealing with stupid lil draws like that, I remove all the fuses then just keep on unplugging stuff till it goes away.
This is about the best way to find it, unless you just happen to see something odd like a faint light somewhere.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Ya took me a bit remember, but my factory radio had an on going draw to it when I first got my Burb.

:coffee:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies. I found out the something on the junction block on the firewall is the problem. I still have to chase the wire to find out what it is. When I do I will burn it, shred it, and shoot it a couple times. And of course. I will let you always helpful people know what it was.

Replies to other people

It has a glow plug button. The controller was bypassed before I got it. But none of its wires are connected to anything.

I've removed every fuse. Every aftermarket accessory. And that did nothing.

The video Is me trying to start it. But the batteries are too low. Anyone have suggestions on batteries? What kind? What brand? ETC...
https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a77a99dc99cf/f655a7e2-dba4-4cd2-adc8-d98a9009f1f7.mp4

Reactions: RatsMC

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
The video Is me trying to start it. But the batteries are too low. Anyone have suggestions on batteries? What kind? What brand? ETC...
https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a77a99dc99cf/f655a7e2-dba4-4cd2-adc8-d98a9009f1f7.mp4

I’ve found almost all batteries manufactured in the past 5-6 years are garbage. What ever brand you buy, be sure they’re rated for at least 950CA, and ensure your glow plugs are properly cycling when you push the button.

You can also install those battery disconnect terminals between your batteries & the truck. Might seem like a RPITA to pop the hood each time you’re going to be parked longer then a few hours, but i’d think that would be less bothersome then trying to find half a dozen Hondas to try boosting a six2. They also include a lead for radio memeory so every time you switch them off, the radio doesn’t delete all of your presets & clock.

That vid is on tapatalk, don’t have it, so not sure how quickly your batteries went flat on you.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The video shows a draw of 1.7 volts. I have a set of die-hard platinum series 1150 CCAs in it. They are getting quite old though. I think they are 4 or 5 years old now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts