Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been trying to hook up a home link garage door controler in my 2004 Silverado. I want to wire it to a switched power source so when the key is out there is no power to the door controler. I have wired per instructions of JP Customs where I purchased the controler and the opener does not have any power. I did check the controler with a known power source and the door controler does work. Can anyone help me out.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
I'm sorry I don't have anything to offer as far as help. I do have questions though. Did you buy a complete overhead console or just a transmitter? I would like to see the instructions can you fax or E-mail them? What year and make is your truck?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I purchased the complete overhead console. There were no instructions. I called JP Customs for instructions on the installation (At this time they don't have written instalation instuctions). They are very helpful but some how things didn't work out for me and being Saturday eveningI probably will not be able to contact JP Customs until Monday, so I thought I might be able to get help from this board. I have a 04 Silverado 2500 HD with Duramax and Alli.

I

·
Registered
16,617 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hello, I might suggest that you take your test light, and go to the MBEC, remove the cover and find the 2nd cavity from the left, at the top. There you will find pins for 12v+ /constant, 12v+ /run,12v+ / acc, ground etc etc. The MBEC is under the dash, next to the e-brake with a black cover (small plastic nut in the center) and the cavity has six pins. I hope the kit had a oem style plug, and the mating female pins, and it will be a simple task to hook up the power just how you want. Hope this helps.

Sir-Col

·
Registered
570 Posts
In my 2004 manual it had listed the un-used and optional fuse locations on all fuse panels. I used one for my cell phone (next to the left side air vent). You can the use a relay or wire direct depending on your needs and/or amp draw.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
no need for a relay.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Max Power said:
no need for a relay.

Yes no relay needed, I only mentioned a relay if someone else was to read the thread and get the bright idea to wire some other items that should use a relay. Sorry if I confused anyone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts