Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this in duramax forum already so you might’ve seen it, just trying to get as much reach as possible lol:

Okay, so i went to move my truck around the driveway tonight, and i noticed the background on my edge had changed. (insight cts2) so i clicked on it messed with it a little and got to the diagnostic sections and checked to see if it had any codes. well it does. here’s the codes:
P0532 (something a/c i just had it messed with because it wasn’t getting cool, got that fixed didn’t know i had a code for it so i think it’s fine.
Now here’s the one i don’t understand.
U1041
U1026
U1301
I know what the codes are for, 1041 is for ECM lost communication with the BCM, 1026 is loss of communication with transfer case control module, and the 1031 is for a ground fault? all i’ve been able to find is “bad radio ground” or even a bad ground on the obd2 port.

Well, it isn’t acting weird now, but it has had a few moment these last couple weeks. went to start it the other morning and it started up, got out and went inside for a few minutes and when i went back out to the truck, it had a “service 4wd” message, the E-brake light was on along with the ABS and battery light. all the gauges where at zero except for my rpm’s. it had caught my eye because my fuel light was on lol. and ever since then it’s been telling me to change my engine oil even though i reset it not even 2k miles ago. well i shut it off, let it sit for about 30 seconds to give some time for some of the modules to “go to sleep”, and restarted it. no lights, no messages aside from the “change engine oil”, and all the gauges work.
Thought maybe it was batteries because my other vehicle (mustang) does the same weird electrical stuff when the battery is going bad. so i replaced the batteries, one had 26 CCA, and the other had 112 CCA. Figured that was the problem, drove it for a few days no problems. well, got off work one night and pulled into a sonic stall to order some food, and while i was sitting there, it did it again but this time with no e-brake light. and so i killed it, let it sit and restarted it. then it was fine. now to go back to what got me on the codes lol. while trying to click on the codes on the cts2 it froze up (does this sometimes) and so i let it sit for a few mins, and it didn’t unfreeze. so i unplugged it, and plugged it back in, and i can’t even get out of the brand of vehicle selection menu. wont do anything at all. so i plugged my other code scanner into it, (cheap one i got on walmart for like 60 bucks) and it says there are no codes. i figure that it just can’t read them but does anyone know what could be cause them to do that? tested 4 high, and 4 Low, they all work fine, other than it jumps pretty good when you put it in gear in 4H or 4L so i don’t know if that’s normal or not. so if y’all have any advice please let me know, it’s my daily so i would hate to get stranded at work or not be able to get to work because it messes up.
Here’s what i think is the culprit:
it has some type of aftermarket alarm system on it with remote start (have no clue how to use it) and i think it’s a viper system. and it does have a different obd2 port than a stock one, which i guess is pretty common with these remote start kits? not sure. so if anyone can give a guy some advice that would be great.
I’d like to add to this, i’m 17 and i’m mechanically inclined but i’m absolutely lost when it comes to wiring. i’ve been thinking about taking it to a Jackie Cooper to see if they can take the remote start off because i’d have no clue where to start on it.

Any advice or wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

· Premium Member
18,487 Posts
Sounds like something is interfering with the databus wiring.
If you have a center console, you can look for the wiring rub in the link below.

· Premium Member
18,487 Posts
As for the alarm/ remote start, pictures would go a long way toward interpreting what you have.

Reactions: OkDually

· Administrator
26,950 Posts
Please tell us more about the vehicle ( Year, Make, Model ) and list all mods
(y)

· Registered
9 Posts
After a quick search across the ole interwebs, I found quite a few posts regarding the Cts2 causing almost every issue you're having. Try running 2-300 miles without the tuner plugged in and see what happens. I was surprised to read that it even caused A/Cs to not blow cold. It's more likely that you're having an issue with the Cts2 than it is you're having all of these wild and varying issues on the truck at the same time.
Hope it helps!

Reactions: ryanschlegel5

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After a quick search across the ole interwebs, I found quite a few posts regarding the Cts2 causing almost every issue you're having. Try running 2-300 miles without the tuner plugged in and see what happens. I was surprised to read that it even caused A/Cs to not blow cold. It's more likely that you're having an issue with the Cts2 than it is you're having all of these wild and varying issues on the truck at the same time.
Hope it helps!
Sorry i have not responded to any of you guys, i have been extremely busy with work and school lol. and i never got a email saying i had a response. on my way to work the other day my cts2 was freaking out, pressing on the screen by itself, i mean so bad i unplugged it. while it was doing that it threw a “service 4wd” and acted like it was trying to go into limp mode. i finnaly got pissed off enough that i just unplugged it going down the road lol. as soon as i unplugged it, service 4wd went away and i have not had any issues since! i had read that the cts2 could be causing some of the problems but i was too ignorant and just immediately thought it was the remote starter. been 4 days with no cts2, and it has been running amazing! no codes, no problems at all. genuinely so relieved especially since i’m only 17 and have already had to dump my life savings into not only buying it but also having to put all new injectors in it, all i could think about was it being a bcm, or a ecm.. now my only worry is head gaskets lol. i run it on a tune that’s 5 horse under stock power and so it doesn’t open the egr valve lol. just hoping i never have to deal with those lmao.

· Registered
9 Posts
Sorry i have not responded to any of you guys, i have been extremely busy with work and school lol. and i never got a email saying i had a response. on my way to work the other day my cts2 was freaking out, pressing on the screen by itself, i mean so bad i unplugged it. while it was doing that it threw a “service 4wd” and acted like it was trying to go into limp mode. i finnaly got pissed off enough that i just unplugged it going down the road lol. as soon as i unplugged it, service 4wd went away and i have not had any issues since! i had read that the cts2 could be causing some of the problems but i was too ignorant and just immediately thought it was the remote starter. been 4 days with no cts2, and it has been running amazing! no codes, no problems at all. genuinely so relieved especially since i’m only 17 and have already had to dump my life savings into not only buying it but also having to put all new injectors in it, all i could think about was it being a bcm, or a ecm.. now my only worry is head gaskets lol. i run it on a tune that’s 5 horse under stock power and so it doesn’t open the egr valve lol. just hoping i never have to deal with those lmao.
Super stoked to hear it's running without issues now dude!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts