Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometime ago, I found a piece on rigging the hi/lo lights together, on high. For the life of me, I can't find the thread again. Can anyone help me? It is for an 02 2500hd D/A.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
319 Posts
just get a diode and run it between the relays. I think it's number 87? I will have to go outside and look. I have my foglights wired to my DRL's. I just push the foglight button, and all my lights come on except the headlights.

·
Bac To The Future
23,008 Posts
just get a diode and run it between the relays. I think it's number 87? I will have to go outside and look. I have my foglights wired to my DRL's. I just push the foglight button, and all my lights come on except the headlights.
He's got a 2002. The diode trick won't work on pre-2003. He'll have to do the "ground the yellow wire" trick that Blnagel did.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
I believe the diode trick will work on an 02. i will be working on one next week and I will double check for sure.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I was just gonna ask Maxpower, what that was in his Sig.. I read the posts & did it yesterday. Went down to Radioshack got the diodes ($0.69) some shrink tube & a Coldheat soldering iron. It was a trick to get those small wires to solder to the relays, but I got em' after a few trials. I hooked up all three lights to go on when I hit the Highs. Cool & easy mod:ro) . Thanks Guys):h

·
Registered
4,722 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Painless wiring also makes a relay for the 2003-2004 pickups i dont know if they make it for later years or not it cost $60 it took me 10mins to install(including a beer or 2 not hard!)

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I have an 01 and wanted to get all 6 on at the same time (fogs, his, lows). Since I could not figure out if a diode/relay solution would work ... I bought a kit here...www.highbeamkits.com - it appears to work by tapping and connecting various wires. It includes an optional switch to turn the mod off if you ever needed just the regular high beams to operate as stock.

The kit is very nice and instructions are good. I have not installed it yet though.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Yeah he has them. Not sure if it is the same kit or not but Kennedy sells stuff that works so you can have faith in it if you get it there.

I'll post results on my kit once I find the time to do the install.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts