Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to start pulling truck this next upcoming season and see how it pans out. pulled twice last year and didnt do to bad... what should I be looking into and order of upgrades below is what i ran last year and what i am lookin to add what else am i missing?
LAst year
PPE hot
PPE/ats stage 4 tranny
Full 4"MBRP exhaust
PPE air intake setup w/ true flow air intake tube.
PPE boost valve
PPE Boost controller
no traction bars or blocks just dropped front end and let her buck
I was around the 4th-6th place trucks at both pull but was a ways away from first these were end of the year pulls so i know the comp. wasnt very good to what i have seen in the past.
Lookin into
PPE +2 already coming
Lift pumps not sure which one to get?
Traction bars not sure what to go for?
Is there anyway to put spring over loads in so i dont have to put block in
dont like the azz way up in the air for daily driving
MAybe Nos or a new turbo heard that PPE was coming out with one not sure.
Is there anything i should be addin to the front end that i missed or anything else that i should look in to. to get this thing out in front of the pack in my area?

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Eaton e-locker for the front differential.

Don't waste your time with nitrous. Most pulling organizations don't allow it.

Some organizations allow spring clamping and/or blocking, but generally you have to meet a 1" or 2" minimum free travel in stock classes.

Some organizations also regulate the inducer size on the turbo.

The moral of the story is, it all depends on your local rules and what classes you intend to enter. Check your local pulling organizations' rules before you do anything major.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eaton e-locker for the front differential.

Don't waste your time with nitrous. Most pulling organizations don't allow it.

Some organizations allow spring clamping and/or blocking, but generally you have to meet a 1" or 2" minimum free travel in stock classes.

Some organizations also regulate the inducer size on the turbo.

The moral of the story is, it all depends on your local rules and what classes you intend to enter. Check your local pulling organizations' rules before you do anything major.
Was beet twice last year by NOS and once by a bigger turbo. How is one to be able to tell of how much travel i have?

What does an eaton e locker do?

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
It locks the front two wheels together, so they are both pulling equally.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Well, if you're allowed nitrous, then have at it. The wild wild west!

Your rear axle probably came with the G80 locking differential, and if you lock the front, you'll be able to get even more power to the ground. At the majority of brush pulls you'll see guys pull box-stock trucks and almost always they'll have only one front wheel spinning at the end. Thus the point of adding an electronically-lockable front differential.

·
Registered
262 Posts
where did you pull at last year? Eastern Iowa pulls, anything goes.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
where did you pull at last year? Eastern Iowa pulls, anything goes.
Same guy here new name!!!! password got changed and cnat get back in.

It was in eastern Iowa and south west Wis. Definelty brush Pulls HTere is a couple hard running Dmaxes in the area that i would like to see my truck up by them at the end of the night. one is from the cascade IA area I believe. I knkw hes running nos b/c he purges it everytime before he takes off so that wveryone can see it!!!!!

What kind of $$ we looking at for the E lock?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Around $800 plus install. Do you go to Platteville, WI Moto? Some of the guys from Badger go down there every year, they have a under 6000 stock and over 6000 stock class. Or 6500 I can't remember.
Jason

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Around $800 plus install. Do you go to Platteville, WI Moto? Some of the guys from Badger go down there every year, they have a under 6000 stock and over 6000 stock class. Or 6500 I can't remember.
Jason
I will be hittin the platville run this year....I wont make under 6500..... i run across the scale at 6750

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
It's easy to drop 250#'s, keep a 1/4 tank of fuel, lose the tailgate and whatever else, it comes off pretty quick.

Which pulls in eastern IA did you go to? The guy with nitrous is from Independence probably - 01 CCSB silverbirch color with stacks? Most of the pulls say no nitrous but nobody ever complains enough about his. Maquoketa, Bellevue, and Wyoming won't allow blocks or traction bars (or duallies:mad: ) Did you ever pull against me?

·
Registered
262 Posts
hey doese wyoming, bellevue or maq allow hanging weights. Im thinking about building a truck out of an OBS daycab stroker and it wont be worth a Sh!t without front wieghts (Eric Sloan).

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Moto, you can pull in both classes I believe. If you can get it under 6500., then add weight for the heavy class. Maybe I'll see you there.
Jason

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's easy to drop 250#'s, keep a 1/4 tank of fuel, lose the tailgate and whatever else, it comes off pretty quick.

Which pulls in eastern IA did you go to? The guy with nitrous is from Independence probably - 01 CCSB silverbirch color with stacks? Most of the pulls say no nitrous but nobody ever complains enough about his. Maquoketa, Bellevue, and Wyoming won't allow blocks or traction bars (or duallies:mad: ) Did you ever pull against me?
I never pulled against ya last year but seen ya pull a couple times last year I think.... Did you pull in Bellevue last year against that 01 ccsb?? He was there and just screaming I think he had traction bars and I know he had NoS...... where will you be pulling this year??? I think they say no this no that but if you know what your looking for there are alot of truck especially in Maquoketa that got some hidden secrets.... I know of one DODGE that runs propane and NOS.... it is red you have probably seen it before

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I never pulled against ya last year but seen ya pull a couple times last year I think.... Did you pull in Bellevue (nope too short of track and I wasn't going to pull my duals off) last year against that 01 ccsb?? (I pulled against him ALOT last year) He was there and just screaming I think he had traction bars and I know he had NoS...... where will you be pulling this year??? (all over, North Liberty, Aurora, IRP, Central City, Wyoming, Maquoketa, Independence, Charles City, Earlville, plus many more I'm sure, there's a few I won't go back to.) I think they say no this no that but if you know what your looking for there are alot of truck especially in Maquoketa that got some hidden secrets.... I know of one DODGE that runs propane and NOS.... it is red you have probably seen it before(CCSB "Whiplash" on the back window? Yeah, at North Liberty there were four DMax's in front of him.)
If you see me around this summer dont be afraid to talk to us. My buddy and I go pullin' all the time (he has an 02 Dmax ECSB black.)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you see me around this summer dont be afraid to talk to us. My buddy and I go pullin' all the time (he has an 02 Dmax ECSB black.)
yeah that truck that named whiplash use to really kick asz in the area til the past couple of years when the Dmaxs started gettin involved. I will make sure to introduce myself if i run into ya at the track.

back to the topic what else should be added as far as basics what are some good lift pumps that work good with what i got going on. I have done the whole search thing but is there some pumps that are better in certain situations than others???? What are the regulations as far as in the badger pulls?? I pulled against a truck last year black c.c. with SS logos all over it he had blocks and traction bars he ran pretty good laid like 20 feet on us all but I think he was running NOS smoke was real gray and intermitant. I think he was also in 4 hi b/c he was movin.

EDIT:that pull was in the middle of WISC. and he pulls against the badger running truck all the time....

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Lift pumps: either the TTS or Kennedy dual lift pumps, you might also look at SuperDiesel's. You won't go wrong with any of them.

Don't know about Badger rules.

I've seen the Black SS clone, when I saw him he was spraying.

Wyoming, Bellevue, Maquoketa don't allow traction bars IIRC or front hanging weights. There's not too many places in Iowa that allow hanging weight unless it's behind the bumper, under the truck; or it's no added weight at all.

Add tie rod sleeves if you don't already have. And blocks.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How big of blocks should I add? does this help with levleing out the truck when it gets a good lug on it?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Blocks, I can't remember the actual measurement. I have adjustable ones and solid ones I made. You put them in to do the truck pull and then take them back off. It basically makes the rear solid.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Blocks, I can't remember the actual measurement. I have adjustable ones and solid ones I made. You put them in to do the truck pull and then take them back off. It basically makes the rear solid.
Where do ya get a set that is adjustable???

Thanks For all the info!! mush appreciated

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
basically any welding shop or in my case at the mill the millwrights have welded me up some hitches and cut out some blocks for whatever size I want. All I do when I get to the pull is jack up the *** end and set them in and zip tie. I also crank my torsion bars a long *** way down, but remember how many turns you crank. We can only have weight in the bed, but can weigh 8000lbs. Usually I'll sneek a few in the cab if I can get away with it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.