Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice that many diesel big rigs have grill covers that are various stages of UNZIP and wonder if I should consider something similar on my 2007 duramax diesel.

I live in New England.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
i use my cover whenever the temps are under 32F and block heater when the temps go under 0F

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
i got mine when i bought the truck, but i know for sure you can go to your local dealer and buy them. i want to say they run around 50 bucks.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Ditto. I use my cover and block heater the same way. It's nice otherwise I can't get the thermostat to open and heat in cabin is hard to come by.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Don't we have 2 covers? An air dam cover also. Haven't seen mine in so long...can't remember and hasn't been cold long enough to use them/it.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
yeah we do have 2, but i dont even use the air dam cover.

·
Registered
176 Posts
rydnhi4x4;1571584; said:
i got mine when i bought the truck, but i know for sure you can go to your local dealer and buy them. i want to say they run around 50 bucks.

I just bought one from a stealer, paid 95 bucks for the grill cover only, not the bumper cover.

Givin that, it has never been used, but I will sell it if anyone is interested...make a reasonable offer, then add 5 bucks for shipping...

·
Registered
923 Posts
Mine came with the truck, grill and air dam, I use them both. I also decided that I'm going to black out my grill and bumper this summer based on how it looks with both covers on. My invoice says I paid $50 for the covers.

·
Registered
682 Posts
The cover really makes a difference warming the truck up in cold weather. With out it my tranmission never warmed up in the winter. I put it on when it starts getting down to 32 degrees. Arm

·
Registered
684 Posts
with my truck at highway speeds it will barely hold 100* with the cover on it holds proper temp. and this is in temps of only 20* not to mention how hard it is to stay warm when its in the -30 range

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes I use mine too. The cab heat is a great plus too. Not to mention the trans warms up faster, especially with the high idle even before I drive it. Only the grill cover, not bumper.

·
Registered
269 Posts
i have mine on, you can deffinetly tell the difference in the tempature. It warms fairly fast when its cold out. i plug mine in when its about 15 degrees or so. Just for a lil assistance starting her up.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mine's been on since the temps dropped below 32 degrees. Makes a great difference in how quick it get to - and stays at running temp. My tranny temp doesn't budge tho. I was wondering if the guage had failed but when I towed the 5th wheel a couple weeks back everything looked toasty. (grill cover was off for towing).

Because it's a daily driver and only a dozen miles from the garage to work I like knowing it's getting up to full temp - the cab heat is nice also.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Patrick45;1571555;1571555 said:
I notice that many diesel big rigs have grill covers that are various stages of UNZIP and wonder if I should consider something similar on my 2007 duramax diesel.

I live in New England.
Did you order this truck or took it out of dealer stock? If you ordered it your salesperson screwed up. $55 option from the factory. If you bought the truck from dealer stock check the window sticker to see if one was ordered with it. If one was ask your salesperson what happened to it. Around here some dealerships have been known to remove them and then sell them to people that want one. In your area the winter covers should be ordered on all of the diesels.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts