Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys using?

I am going to be in Kansas and Colorodo this winter. Do I really need an additive?

I just got some cetane boost. Looks like it should not hurt anything. Any experiences?

http://www.powerservice.com/dieselfuel_supplement_cetaneboost.aspEdited by: DavidPhillips

·
Registered
584 Posts
Since your using PowerService, (grey bottle?) use the White bottle of PowerService they say NO GELL if used per dirrections, I have used it in Montana here for a number of years in the winter no problems.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I'm using the supplement (white bottle). I add about 10oz to a 30 gal tank. It seems to like it.

I'm also using it in our generator now.

Thanks

·
Registered
281 Posts
I've had excellent results with Red Line Oil products, specifically their Red Line 85 Plus.

·
Registered
540 Posts
An ybody using Power Service treatments might want to do a search on topics in the DMAX area. I wrote PS and asked about their products. Specifically whether they emulsified water. The bottom line after the marketing BS was they do nothing to control water in the fuel since "there isn't enough room in the bottle to fit that additive"

·
Registered
54 Posts
Anyone have any experience with Howes Diesel Conditioner Plus Anti-Gel? Thats what they recommend up here in Fairbanks, Alaska. Someone said it was good because among other things it doesnt have a dye in it, or something like that.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I like Stanadyne Proformance Formula. Doesn't contain alcohol and is authorized by GM, Ford, Chrysler and others.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My family puts Howes Diesel Conditioner Plus Anti-Gel in all of our diesels (2003 Jetta, and the Burb) and we have never had any problem with gelling, and it got pretty cold up here for a little while (like -30 or ). Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts