Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a problem with not enough pressure coming out of the squirter to spray the windshield? It just barely comes out and dosen't reach the top part of the windshield were you need it the most. Tank is full of fluid.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
A couple of places to look

1 - is pump putting out good pressure?
2 - are lines from pump to squirter leaking?
3 - if lines aren't leaking, are they or the squirter clogged with algae or debris?

·
Registered
737 Posts
More than likely there is something blocking the line. Check where it comes out on the wiper. I have used a mechanical pencil to clean out this tip and they worked better. Also you can disconnect the line and blow it out with and aircompressor if the wiper end is clear.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I had this problem and eventually, it stopped working altogether. Then, the fluid was leaking out of to the bottom of the truck. The problem was under the grate at the bottom of the windshield. Inside there, the washer fluid line was popped off. Did I mention how much I hate this washerfluid/wiper design on these trucks?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys.

Found the problem the line down by the battery had a hole in it from battery acid.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have the same problem. How much is a windshield washer line?
Can you get it from GMpartsdirect.com?
My truck is a 2002 2500HD.
Anyone know the part #?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I have the same problem. How much is a windshield washer line?
Can you get it from GMpartsdirect.com?
My truck is a 2002 2500HD.
Anyone know the part #?
It's just a rubber hose, any auto parts store has it and I'm sure you can find it at Home Depot or Lowes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts