Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a problem with their windshield wipers stopping and starting again? Mine seem to hiccup sometimes.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
No, I do not have that problem. But I do have a passenger side blade that does not sit 100% on the window.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that you mention it... neither does mine. Even the drivers side doesn't sit right.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I believe its an optical illusion.

From inside the cab the center of the wiper blades seem to NOT be touching the glass.....right? Go outside....They do touch. I believe its the curvature of the glass.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
The far outside part of the blade(passenger) when in the 'Parked' position is off the glass about two inches.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Rattlewagon,

I had an 86 Suburban that did that. I replaced the delay control module, the wiper motor, checked all wiring to no avail. The only thing not replaced was the control stalk. Gave up and got my D/A instead.

·
Registered
687 Posts
No problem with stopping and starting, but that sounds familiar with the mid to late 90's GM's having this problem. It was a recall IIRC.

Unfortunately, I drove the '04 in the rain the first time last night.

The wipers on these trucks are the BEST that I have ever seen! Wipe great, no chatter, FAST and very, VERY, VERY quiet when on high. Most cars' wipers make quiet a racket on high. Mine seem to glide quietly and effortlessly across the window. Very good job by GM on these.

Even the spray is great in the wiper arm. Will come in handy in the snow.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll agree that the wipers are much better than on my other truck which is an 87 1/2t 4x4 aka "rustbucket" but then again everything is better on the new one
. I'll call the stealer tomorow and see if there was a recall or tsb.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Lawnboy said:
Unfortunately, I drove the '04 in the rain the first time last night.

That is the bad!! Driving a new ride in the rain for the first time that is.

I feel your pain brother.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts