Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys yesterday my passenger window would not roll down I could hear a clicking but no movement then today when i got in they were working fine only 15,000 miles any guesses

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
WIFE'S SUBURBAN DONE THE SAME THING SEVERAL TIMES. TOOK IT BACK TO THE DEALER AND THEY REPLACED THE WINDOW REGULATOR AND MOTOR.

·
Registered
473 Posts
My wives 03 Tahoe did the same thing, then a few days later nothing on the passenger side would work. Turned out it was the RH Door module. The 03's and up have a different wiring system. Most everything is module's now.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I've had to replace the window regulator in my last 2 trucks . My 2001 had 36,300 miles and my current truck at 35,800 miles when they acted up. Both times the dealer covered them.
Edited by: InTentsDmax

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
InTentsDmax said:
I've had to replace the window regulator in my last 2 trucks . My 2001 had 36,300 miles and my current truck at 35,800 miles when they acted up. Both times the dealer covered them.

THATS ABOUT THE SAME AMOUNT OF MILES HER SUBURBAN HAD ON IT WHEN IT WENT OUT-------MAKES YA WONDER IF GM ISNT DESIGNING THINGS TO ONLY LAST A LITTLE OVER 36K MILES HUH

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi Guys , Its likely the regulator. My pass. side went at 39k and the drivers just went at 50k. These regulators are built pretty flimsy, the bicycle cable they use (not stainless) to transmit motion corrodes and the strands break one by one until it either jams or finally breaks.

I removed my regulators and had them restrung with S.S. cable at a fraction of what the general wanted (200 + $ for complete assy when only cables are bad). Save the bad regulators for rebuilding then you wont have to remove door panels twice. Not sure if they will give you the old regulator on warranty repair but try.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The rear window regulator went out on my 2000 Buick (GM) They wanted $400.00 for the repair.( out of warranty) I told them this was ridiculous (42000 mi-3 yr old car(at the time) rear window that no one ever used. ) GM paid. The next time (other rear window) there was no discussion at all. I told them of the problem, they said GM would take care of it. no charge and they didn't need to call GM for approval.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Mine did something similar and coincidentally my remote door locks would stop working intermittently. When I had the truck in for the Service 4WD LIght fix I asked the service guys to look at the lock/window problem. I'm not sure what they did, but everything works fine now.

TC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts