Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any know roughly what it would cost to get my 2 front windows tinted. I just want them to match the factory tint on the other windows. Also does recommend a place in the bay area to go. prefferably dublin pleasanton livermore area. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
i had all 4 of mine tinted for 100 bucks. i would guess it at about 40 bucks for just the two side windows, but then again your in ca.

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
I paid a guy 140 and I tipped him 10.00 for getting right on it and getting me out quickly. He talked me into doing all 5 windows and made a real nice strip for front and let me sit in truck to gauge size of front strip to fit my short arse! Theyre pretty dark but the way he does it makes the front match the rear, even looking out from inside looks the same. Be sure they give you lifetime warranty and they have been there a while. Also the film he uses doesnt require any special care needs. I cant help ya in your area but trying to give ya some ideas. Good luck

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
When I had mine done they had a coupon that took some off the regular price but even then it was only $85 for both windows and I got it for $65. Sure makes a difference in the sun though.

Phillip

·
Registered
490 Posts
I paid 45 for the two fronts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Paid $60 for the front two.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
$40-60 should be the cost but it will depend on the installer and the brand tint u get. some cost more than others do and the grade of film can change it.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
You can do it yourself, it's not that hard. It only took me two times to get it right.:D I'm a slow learner. I just bought pre-cut fronts off ebay. The second time I got a higher quality brand(Llumar). The difference in the quality is noticalble in the looks and the ease of installation.

·
Registered
448 Posts
NODMAX;1570054; said:
You can do it yourself, it's not that hard.

been tinting my own stuff for 20 years. Have used ALL the brands.

If your gonna learn, be prepared to throw away some tint 'till you get the hang of it...though some never do, it's feel thing. :)

this site really frustrates me that you can't put the same picture up twice???????? :mad:

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
Rippem;1570085; said:
this site really frustrates me that you can't put the same picture up twice???????? :mad:
No, you can't put the same named picture up twice. Just rename it. ;)

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Rippem;1570085; said:

If your gonna learn, be prepared to throw away some tint 'till you get the hang of it...though some never do, it's feel thing. :)

I agree, it takes some practice. My first attempt looked terrible. The second time it turned out really nice and I'm very happy with it. I did notice a huge difference at night. The better quality tint makes it easier to see out of the windows at night.

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
Rippem;1570085; said:

I just figured that out while trying to share pics of my reverse camera. What I did was went to the original post and coppied and paste that link in my new post. Hope that helps.

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Rippem;1570085; said:

Tom S.;1570141; said:
No, you can't put the same named picture up twice. Just rename it. ;)
Wanna bet?
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6576&d=1121737354
(Image has been resized. Click it for full size.)

GO to User Cp at the top of the forum page....click on "edit options", scroll down the left side to "attachments"---the list of all the pics youve attached to posts. Down at the bottom of the page, you'll see "show thumbnails"...makes finding the pic easier.

Find your pic, and click on it. Using Firefox, you can right click and select "copy image location"...using IE, you have to right click and select "properties" and then copy the URL address of the pic.

Either way, come back to the thread, and in the reply screen, click on the little yellow window icon (looks like a postcard of a mountain), and paste the image URL in the box. the pic will show up in your reply.

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Oh, BTW...my truck has .35 tint on the front windows. I have to replace it, as my kids used Windex on them and now they are flaking. I think NODMAX used .20 on his windows, and it matched the rears exactly. After watching him do his windows, I'm pretty confidant that I can DIY.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have found 20% to be the closest match.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
TheBac;1570379; said:
Oh, BTW...my truck has .35 tint on the front windows. I have to replace it, as my kids used Windex on them and now they are flaking. I think NODMAX used .20 on his windows, and it matched the rears exactly. After watching him do his windows, I'm pretty confidant that I can DIY.

What are you trying to say Tom?:angel:

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
NODMAX;1570440; said:
[/b]

What are you trying to say Tom?:angel:
That you did a nice job, and I'm confident from watching how you did it that I can replace mine too.

What? You think I was gonna say you're all thumbs and left feet and a monkey knows more than you? :lol:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I put 20% all away around for $60. 20% matches really good with the back 2 windows stock. Don't know whats legal there for the front windows but in NC its 35% or higher infront of the front head rest but u can get away with 20%. Also got a 7in front tint strip.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Window Tinting Plus in Fremont, CA. $80 for the two fron windows. I used 35%, since in CA it's not legal to tint the driver and passenger door windows.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts