Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With what I'm reading on injector problems, I am curious if you all will buy another Dmax or not.

·
Registered
81 Posts
You cant believe everything you read. Or at least I dont!

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
you might want to limit the poll to 1 vote per person for accuracy...

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have owned gm vehicles and gm only for 20 years. I get a new truck every 2 to 3 years. I had 2 6.5 diesels and went through 5 pumps. GM covered everything every time. They are covering my injectors now. I also understand if you are gonna play you will pay, that is why I did not hide anything from my dealer. My only problem is don't tell me you don't have problem when you do. As for as my next truck it will be a duramax unless they change the name.

Scott

·
Registered
398 Posts
I said yes to the poll, but the jury is still out, lets see if I have any big problems then I'll know for sure.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Maybe. if dodge comes out with a 5 or 6 speed auto behind the new 600 i will be buying a dodge for my next truck. if GM can get these injectors to work i might get a new Dmax but untill they do it looks like i will get a dodge.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I buy vehicles few and far between. Lets hope the Duramax allows me to continue that practice. Who knows what will be available next time I am in the market.

I doubt it will ever happen, but on my wish list would be a GM pickup with the option of a Caterpillar engine.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Only if I can get 200,000 out of this thing without of allot of down time and big dollar repairs. You can get well over 200,000 out of any gas motor out there with the proper maintance, so these diesel's should well outlast any gas motor, but after reading all the injector problems, I have my doubts. This is a shame and GM needs to do something about this.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
not for the next 10 or 12 years if I can help it. hopefully the 03s are not as plagued as the earlier models and gm will do right by those with 01s and 02s.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
No freaking way .... With all the Duramax's dropping like flys with injector failures ,I'm shoping for a Ford right now to avoid the mad rush ....

Ford's rule !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mac

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Mackin, I HIGHLY recommend an early 03 model with the 6.0L. Make sure you get one of the first ones that came out, that is vital.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Had lots of vehicles over the years too, including 4 Dodge - all lemons- 3 bought new and one bought used at 8000 miles- will never buy another one - poor product - poor dealer service - poor warranty support. Got a brother in law with a 2001 1ton Cummins 2wd that I warned but he bought it anyway. Here we are 3 years later and he's on his 4th tranny, 3rd pump , some front end problems, new headlight switch, and likely a few other problems he's forgotton to mention. No mosquitos in his neighborhood in the summer though! Dodge warranty hardly paid for anything cause he was pullin RV trailers with it.Ford's just plain scary- have 2 buddys with 03's that keep they're dealer company on a regular basis- won't be buying one of them. I've had my problems with GMs too but they've always been remidied and never came back. The dealer treats me good. One of my favorite past trucks was a 94 6.5TD Z71 that never let me down but did have the stalling problem for a while untill they changed the driver module at no charge, and that was at 110,000kms. And it could outrun and putpull my buddies 91 Dodge at the time when we were both hooked up to our 5th wheels and trippin it. None of the brands are perfect, but for comfort, looks and overall quality with the least headbangin, I've had the most bang for my buck in GMs, and that's what the next one will be!
Edited by: army

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
In a couple of years when I am ready to get another one....who knows what will be out there. GM might have a brand new engine setup just like the 03 Stroker. Day by Day man.

·
Registered
365 Posts
GM with a CAT .... "Don't look back".

That's a cute rhyme isn't it?

Mackin with a Ford? He'll need the blessings of the Lord.

I DID not buy another Duramax. Feel real strange not driving a GM vehicle after decades of GM. Were I to buy another truck and NOT TOW it would be GM with a gas engine.

My experience connects me with many other Duramax operators that tow and don't own a computer. My big mouth greets them all the time at fuel stops. If they have low mileage, under 100,000, they "may" have had problems. If they have high mileage they "did" have problems.

Two I spoke with HAD Duramax and just could not take the troubles. I'm sure there are others but how can you tell? There are very few Duramax's out there with real high mileage. Time is one of the factors as they have only been out there since '01. The other issue is confidence/experience. Long haul users just do not use them much as far as I can tell.

I'm retired from towing any more than once a month until May. There are just too many offshore fishing trips for me to take in my boat until then.

Happy New Year!

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Max Power said:
Mackin, I HIGHLY recommend an early 03 model with the 6.0L. Make sure you get one of the first ones that came out, that is vital.

Yes, and to ensure you get one that retains that "new" smell mile after mile... of oil, diesel and fried turbos.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts