Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to put a 6" lift on my truck but i pull a 36' 5th wheel camper will i still be able to pull it still? iam a travel elect and i pull it to my new jobs then it stays there 4 about 6to8 months

·
Registered
897 Posts
My have to put a lift on the 5th wheel as well. Also need to keep in mind its going to be a lot more top heavy and depending on height of 5th wheel keep low clearance in mind as well.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I travel with my work also, in fact, I live fulltime in my 36' Carriage 5'er. My previous truck was a 2500HD with a 6" lift and I had no problems, however, my 5'er had adjustable axles and I lowered them (which raised RV) to accomodate the lift in my truck so it would all sit level. I dont know if you have that capability or not but something for you to consider. You wont want to tow a big 5th wheel with the nose up. It could get squirrely on wet roads or during an emergency manuever.

As far as "will it tow it?" .. yes it will. I have found that I lost some stability after the lift. Remember, it will raise your center of gravity and if you need to make an emergency manuever, the truck will act completely different than if it was at stock height.

I traded my 2500HD for my current 3500 Dually so that I could have better stability while towing. I've built this new LBZ to tow!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts