Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have this set up or know if it will work? Need help please. 33x12.50.20 Toyo M/Ts on XD778 Monster Wheels with 5.02 backspacing and -12mm offset. If at all possible i want to put these tires and wheels on my classic GMC with just the bars cranked or green keys if i have to without rubbing and some minor trimming if needed. I will also be racing at the track and is turning the bars up and racing a bad idea because of the pitch of the axles and joints after the bars are turned. I will soon be running the 300 or the 350 tune from PPE when i get my tranny built. Secondly, are these wheels bronze? Thats what they say on the site.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have this setup with Nitto Terra Grapplers. My truck is a new body style and yes i did have to cut and trim the fenders. Not sure how it would do on a classic.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I dont know if the 305/55/20s are exact same size as the 33/12.5/20s or not but i forgot to put in that the XD778s are 20x10s too. How much did you turn your bars and do you have the green keys?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just put the 33-12.50-20's Toyo Muds on my truck about a month ago with a 20X10 and it works perfectly. I did level my truck and turn my torsion bars up to get it perfectly level but I have no rub issues what so ever. The only downside for some (not me) was I trimmed the back corner of the front bumper, the black plastic on the inside of the fenders, and zip tied everything back (with black zip ties of course) to make sure there were no rub issues and I have been fine. Truck looks great and I don't have to worry about it rubbing. Also most 305/55/20's will not be the same size as the 33. A 305 depending on company will run anywhere from 31.8 to 32.5 inches tall not 33.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is one sharp set up packman! What offset and backspacing are your wheels? How much do your tires stick out of the flares if any? Do you have any pics from the front and back? What kind of wheels are those? I like em!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks Rauldog! My wheels are a -12 offset with a 4.5 backspace...just what you were asking about. The tires stick out about 1" to 1 and 1/4". I think that it looks real good myself, just the right stance. The wheels are Diamo 17 Karat on 33-12.50-20 Toyo Mud Terrains. As far as pictures, as and ye shall receive

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts