Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i'm sure someone on here is gunna know this, i have a 92 chevy 3/4 ton with a 6.5 turbo in it. the truck was my brothers and he had it stored till about a month ago. when i got it home the block was cracked from the cold weather. but i have a 6.2 out of my granddads wrecked 86 suburban and i was wondering if the 6.2 will accept the 6.5 turbo or turbo and topend. if not i need suggestions on a new or used turbo.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
its a common swap. you will need the turbo, intake manifold, exhaust manifold on the passanger side, and the crossover pipe from the exhaust. also you will need to modify your ac box.

·
Registered
935 Posts
???

If I understand the question correctly you want to know if the 6.2 short block can replace the 6.5 shortblock cause yours is broke, if that is the question then yes it will work just swell.

·
Registered
454 Posts
you can swap everything to the 6.2. you may have to have a custom oil pressure line made to run from the oil pressure fitting, and you'll need to run the 6.5 injectors also. only problem is with the 6.2 heads, youll have to pull the turbo manifold to change injectors if you ever need to. not too big of a pain, but not as easy as the 6.5 heads due to the injector angle.

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Yeah, it should work fine... :)

Welcome to the forum, by the way! :welcome:

·
Registered
606 Posts
4DR4X4;1590118; said:
you can swap everything to the 6.2. you may have to have a custom oil pressure line made to run from the oil pressure fitting, and you'll need to run the 6.5 injectors also. only problem is with the 6.2 heads, youll have to pull the turbo manifold to change injectors if you ever need to. not too big of a pain, but not as easy as the 6.5 heads due to the injector angle.
4DR4x4 got the part I was going to mention. You'll need the injetors as well. As the manifold won't clear without them. If you're trying to get by, you can also take your manifold to someone with a plasma cutter and cut out "spacers". Just basically make a copy of the ports out of flat stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts