Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a stock trany hold up to a run with the PPE HOT+2 on an 02' rclb 4x4? I wanna try and shut my bro-in-law up with his 97' Cobra. Just once is all I need.:D

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Mabe in 2-4 but NO WAY IN H*LL, IN 5th. Becarful, as not to limp it, or destroy it.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
:exactly:

8100 Power;1535982; said:
Make sure you have $4000 in the back just in case you break it;)

That is a lot of extra power and if you want it to shift well you sre going to have to let it learn to handle the power, if it can. Also, once you try the power you probably wont want to turn it down. I know i don't on my VA bu tforce myself too, still saving for trans.

One other thing, you might want to launch in four wheel unless ytou have a locker. I don't and mine will spin the tire off the line and when it shifts if i'm not careful. I lost to a hemi that way:mad: . Then again you might not want to risk hurting your t case.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how fast are you going for the 4-5 shift? It wouldnt be a 1/4 mile race, more like an 1/8th.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
in an 1/8th mile i dont know if you will be hitting 5th, but it is still a lot of stress for a stock tranny! but hey if you blow it up that jsut gives you an excuse to get a built one!! :grd:

·
Registered
370 Posts
The 1/8th mile is just about where my truck will shift into 5th how tall of tire are you running?? The PPE does raise the rpms a bit so if I shift it my self I can run across the 1/8th around 77-78 mph and still be in 4th. Before you do it make sure to put your truck into fast learn and give it time to adjust to all the power.

·
Registered
577 Posts
pwrtripls1;1535850; said:
Will a stock trany hold up to a run with the PPE HOT+2 on an 02' rclb 4x4? I wanna try and shut my bro-in-law up with his 97' Cobra. Just once is all I need.:D
Sounds like an opportunity to learn an expensive lesson...

Do a search on "Adaptive Learning." If you put big power to a transmission that has previously experienced only stock or mildly increased power levels and then hammer it right after install, very unpleasant, expensive things happen.

Perhaps members who have tried it will chime in...

:)

·
Registered
176 Posts
It might help a little, if you don't mind, adding your truck info to your signature, thanks.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Sounds like another opportunity to test power on stock equipment to me. I will volunteer to go along for the experince and will bring a digital camera for proof of rapture... Just in case that is.... Let us know and listen to these guys about letting the tranny learn. See what minimal mods should be done to play with that mod..:cool:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Just make sure your not introducing the Alli to a level it has not learned yet! Otherwise you will limp it for sure.

·
Registered
219 Posts
RanaExcavating;1537689; said:
Just make sure your not introducing the Alli to a level it has not learned yet! Otherwise you will limp it for sure.
X2:exactly:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
You would still lose anyway unless he does not know how to drive, so why risk it?

·
Registered
193 Posts
ho wlong does it take for the alli to learn a setting? I have had my PPE on the 90hp setting for 2 weeks now on my 02.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
2 weeks should be more than enough. You'll notice that when you load a new tune that's got a little more hp that the shifts will seem to 'flare'. Once that stops and it starts shifting more like stock it should be good to go.

Not sure if it helps to let the tranny learn first, but I had great luck running predator 85 w/ boost stick for quite some time before my tranny limped. And that wasn't until I loaded the 100 hp tune.
I always kept a light foot for a while after loading a new tune.

-Chris

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.