Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my trailer is not loaded on the truck, it is a very rough ride when going over pumps. My question is it worth it to install either bilstein's, or rancho 9000's? thanks

·
Registered
909 Posts
Absolutely. I can't speak for rancho but bilsteins make a world of difference over bumps and with the overall feel of the drive. It's been said that shock upgrades are one of the best investments for both driver feel and passenger comfort. Hey, you could buy them as a xmax present for your significant other!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, i dont think that would go over too well, hahahah. thanks. Now i am just wondering if i should go with rancho or bilstein? HMM anyone with rancho's have any advice?

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
I have the Rancho's many have commented on how well my truck rides .....Geerhead who drove my truck 60+ miles said never riden in one smoother Dually ... I also towed a light car and trailer last weekend never adjusting the shocks (on 2) and it was one rebound over all bumps ,saaaaweet !!!!!

I'm real happy with them !!

Mac

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you remember the part number for them, or where you bought them mackin? Thanks

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Sams Offroad .... My shocks are extinct .... But the new RS9000x will do the trick just the same ....When I bought my older 9000's they had a buy 3 get one free deal ...

Sams

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have the 9000x on my truck too. Since they're fully adjustable I can make the truck ride exactly like I want it to, which is a big benefit to me.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Rancho 9000's here on K3500 CC LB Dually. What a HUGE difference. I have setting in middle when daily driving and up 2 clicks for towing trailer

·
Registered
612 Posts
A combination of adding Bilstein shocks and taking out the longest removable rear spring leaf on both sides drastically improved our 3500's ride. Had that done over 40,000 miles ago and have had zero related problems.

Jim

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Ltrain, I'm trying to figure out if 3500 shocks are longer than 2500's but use the same brackets. If they are I might take your stock rear shocks off your hands. My 2" lift has extended my 2500 shocks out too much. I measured a 3500 chassis cab and they were within 1/4" of mine now. Send me a PM if you want.

Thanx, Steve

·
Registered
795 Posts
My bilsteins definately ride better off road and over bumps.

The ride on the highway is about the same according to my wife. (what does she know).

2002 2500HD 4x4 ext. cab

1 - 15 of 15 Posts