Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 lb7 Duramax before I took the jectors out and cleaned them and put them back it would only do about 50 and it was spitting black smoke but it would start and run I was told from the previous owner that it was getting too much fuel so I took about the injectors cleaned them all out two of them work clogged for sure soak them in brake fluid not the O-rings and Bloom out with a air hose and seem to be fine put everything back together will not start almost starts but it doesn't at first batteries were bad didn't have enough cranking volts bought new batteries replace the fuel filter the primer housing the O-rings do not know why it will not start can anybody help me figure out why

·
Administrator
16,326 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
When you replaced the fuel filter did you install an AC/Delco or aftermarket filter?
When you rebuilt the fuel filter housing did you lubricate the orings when you installed them?
When you attempt to prime does the primer button stay hard?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to DieselPlace
When you replaced the fuel filter did you install an AC/Delco or aftermarket filter?
When you rebuilt the fuel filter housing did you lubricate the orings when you installed them?
When you attempt to prime does the primer button stay hard?
i believe it was an ac delco and like an idiot i didnt lubricate the o rings but it does seem to be holding the prime until i crank it over of coarse then ill have to prime it up again but thats normal correct? it almost starts every time if i put a little starter fluid in there I'm thinking I haven't got all the air out of the lines but I don't know how else to do it

·
Administrator
16,326 Posts
i believe it was an ac delco and like an idiot i didnt lubricate the o rings but it does seem to be holding the prime until i crank it over of coarse then ill have to prime it up again but thats normal correct? it almost starts every time if i put a little starter fluid in there I'm thinking I haven't got all the air out of the lines but I don't know how else to do it
Verify if you installed an AC/Delco fuel filter. Aftermarket filters will not seal well and allows air to enter into the fuel system.
Prime the system and let it sit for an hour or so and then recheck the button. If it goes soft when you recheck then you still have a filter head leak or a leak in the line between the filter head and CP3.
Double check all of your fuses

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i checked all the fuses are good whats your opinion ive heard its a good idea to get a cat adapter the filters are better quality and cheaper

·
Administrator
16,326 Posts
i checked all the fuses are good whats your opinion ive heard its a good idea to get a cat adapter the filters are better quality and cheaper
The only aftermarket filter I would trust would be Baldwin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im sure its obvious i dont know much about diesels its my first time owning one when you prime it i was told your supposed to have on the ignition is that correct?

·
Administrator
16,326 Posts
im sure its obvious i dont know much about diesels its my first time owning one when you prime it i was told your supposed to have on the ignition is that correct?
No need to turn on the IGN. There is no fuel pump in a stock Duramax. The CP3 draws fuel.
When you do prime be sure to open the bleeder to let air escape until you see pure fuel then close the bleeder, pump the button till it gets hard and let it sit.
If the primer button goes soft after sitting then you have an air/fuel leak

1 - 8 of 8 Posts