Diesel Place banner

will its at the dealer

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  catch03 
#1 ·
i just got off the phone with the dealer ,my truck needs tranny cooler lines,p/s pump,and a water pump,o'well i guess the honeymoon is over,but other then this its only been stupid things,like foggy turn sigs,light out on heater/ac controls,clearance light sockets corroded on daully fenders,and paint flaking off right side of grill,,

#2 ·
Sorry to hear that, trucks are like women things are good at first, then wham, everything goes and both will drain you. Just kiddin. Good luck with the repairs.

#5 ·
Sorry, I know i must have missed the first part... What in the world happened?
Are you stock? Are you paying for it? I'm so sorry to hear that!

#6 ·
Musta been a Monday or Friday built truck. They tend to have to use alternate workers and substitutes on the line due to absentee worker issues.

Sorry to hear of your problems. My '06 LLY has been, no pun intended, Solid As A Rock. No problems whatsoever except I know it doesn't like having a CAI installed!

Let us know the outcome to this mess!

#8 ·
GM has always had problems with the crimp fittings in the cold, Changed alot of oil cooler lines on S-10's and blazer's that would leak. Saw quite a few blow off in the cold too, usually cost the owner an engine. The tranny lines and power steering lines had problems also but not as frequent as the oil cooler lines. I havent had any problems yet but am watching. Just curious, whats wrong with the water pump?

#9 ·
dmax3500;1564252; said:
truck is stock, and gm is warrenting everything, im not pissed ,i just want everybody to look at their trucks now that its cold,if it can happen to me it could be happening to anybody
Thanks for the remind--I saw my lines were weeping doing my oil change the other day.Seems like the rubber lines wobble around way too much in the crimp--is that like yours?

#10 ·
Cold is def when leaks occur, o ringgs shrink etc. NOthing works wlel in the cold, missouri here I come (I wish.)

#12 ·
I had 2 tranny line replaced in Dec for the same problem. The replacement line were backordered and took 2 weeks to come in. Hope you don't have that problem. Leaks are now gone.

#13 ·
dmax3500;1563743; said:
i didn't see a trany leak till it got real cold,its behind the frt bumper were the metal cooler lines attach to the rubber lines from the crimp
Mine leaked at the same place. Did not find it until i took the lower shield off to grease the front end. My dealer ordered the lines and GM sent them the wrong ones. Dealer told me that the part GM listed for an '06 was actually part# for an '05. 6 speed ally has different lines than a 5 speed ally.It took 2 weeks to get the correct lines.

#14 ·
Yeah--I was right--had my dealer Fri.look at my wet tranny lines--mech.said only one was leaking,spraying onto other one--has it ordered.

#15 ·
my tranny lines did the same thing when it got real cold it started leaking and the chrimps had to drive that leaky thing for 2 weeks while the lines came in had to come from the manufacture said gm had not had any cases about this this my be a issue for a recall in the future ? hope you get your ride back going soon !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.