Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 03 lb7 2wd crew cab with ats stage5 trans and converter and a ppe on lvl 10 all the time will i beat a dodge mega cab 4x4 six speed with a bully dog with crazy larry.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Smoke him.It should be easy with your tranny.

·
Registered
6,810 Posts
he will pull you off the line run him down and pass him at 1/2 track...

make sure you dont fully blow the tires at the line then it is game over for you

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thats not even a race. I doubt hes even in the high 14s with a manuel

·
Registered
583 Posts
He more than likely can't row through the gears fast enough. But then again some can. I think you got him though.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You shoudl be able to take him. Im guessing you will have more top end than he does.
Are you sure that is all he has though? Most Cummins guys I know dont just run a crazy larry and no other mods on their trucks. If thats all he has you will get em I think, just go and race see what happens then let us all know how it went!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
we are going to race

We are going to race tommorow at the track so its a fair race I will post times for each of us. Now he says he has a turbo that cost 3500 but dosent know what kind and a ats tranny with the stock converter he said he runs mid 12's at 116mph i think he is full of **** I know mu truck will run mid tohigh 13's depending on the launch. Is there anything to help my launch being im 2wd with 285/50/20's.

·
Registered
93 Posts
When you said 6 speed in your 1st post I assumed you meant manual, not an auto. Chances are if he spent that much money on a turbo he surely would know the name of it, I bet he is full of ****. Go get him!
Like I previously posted thoughmost friends of mine who have that tuning have other mods also that would make it a much better race for ya.
Go kick this guys ass, lets us know

For your launch lower your tires pressure down pretty low see if you can add any weight to the bed of the truck if not then dont spool it up to much but remember a slight spin is better than boggin down at the line.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I drove my friends 06 cclb dodge this weekend. Mike L. had just done the trans. He was only running a hot edge but it wasn't even close. I could have given him 2 truck lengths and easily run him down. I took him for a ride in mine. Ha...now he is looking for a new turbo, sticks, programming just to try and keep up.

It appears that Mike knows Dodges also. The trans shifted nicely.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have a 03 lb7 2wd crew cab with ats stage5 trans and converter and a ppe on lvl 10 all the time will i beat a dodge mega cab 4x4 six speed with a bully dog with crazy larry.
thats not even a question...:D

·
Registered
842 Posts
Wow...he would have to run alot of hp to get to 116mph. I don't know if that is possible without injectors on a Dodge. Also normally they need two boxes stacked and a lift pump to make the hp he needs.

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
I also thought you meant 6 speed manual. I had completely forgotten about the new 6 speed automatics. So does that mean he's running a 6.7 too?

I find it a little hard to believe he's trapping at 116, but only getting mid 12 ETs. Like was previously said, if he spent $3500 on a turbo you'd think he'd remember the name. Race him and see what happens. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
For a Megacab to trap 116, he would have to be making almost 800 rwhp.

·
Registered
93 Posts
116MPH in the 1/4 would be an 11's pass in an auto with a decent 60'. I call BS,

Did ya race em last night?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hope he shows

Tonight is the race night i hope he shows up he has been telling everyone how fast his truck is we will find out tonight.:)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.