Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive the newbie question but I have tried the search and couldnt find the answer. It seems that the green keys would lift the truck up to darn near level if not past. Is anyone lifting the rear up also?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
It can lift up higher if you want, depends how far you crank the bars after the keys are in. Some have added 2 or 3" blocks in the rear, add a leafs, or airbags.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My concern is that there isnt much of a rake now, if I use the green keys it will be sitting perfectly level. Then throw a trailer on there and it will be nose high. I was just wondering what folks do for the rear.

·
Registered
89 Posts
TEXMudder,

Green keys set at the minimum height and Air-Lift bags with automatic level control on the rear. The truck sits barely higher in the rear and the air bags keep it that way.

Joe

·
Vendor
9,678 Posts
Have you tried 7-8 turns on the OE keys?

Should be able to go nearly 10 turns...

·
Registered
239 Posts
<font color="blue">Whats the real answer here ? Do you need the green keys, or is it the same to crank the T-bars 10 turns. And is it the same with bilsteins on both ways. I heard so much back and forth, can some one finalize this for me THANKS </font>Edited by: BlueCrew 04 D/A SB GMC

·
Registered
326 Posts
I installed the green keys and a 2" rear block.

·
Registered
239 Posts
<font color="blue">Hey Jim do you have any pics. of truck </font>

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jim lets see some pictures. Where did you get the blocks and did you have to do anything to your driveline?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Can you specify more clearly, don't know what you mean by www? Does he have his own web site?

·
Registered
362 Posts
He means look at his post and at the bottom there are buttons: Profile, Search, and WWW.

I have the green keys in for a year now and just picked up a 1.5" block fit for the rear yesterday. I will probably install them soon to see how I like it.

Jim, I don't have the truck here to look at but did you have to add longer shocks with the rear blocks? Can't remember how it is set up.Edited by: 03GMC2500HD

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
91 Posts
285's and cranking the bars got me up with the Fords.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I cranked up the OEM bars and replaced the shocks with Rancho 9000s and truck rides great. It sits level. I did not change anything in the rear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
03GMC2500HD,

Where did you purchase the 1.5" blocks? Who is the manufacturer? Did you have to purchase longer u-bolts? Thanks.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Creech they are Superlift brand and they come with the blocks, u-bolts and everything you need. I picked them up at a swap meet yesterday. They were new in the box and i was thinking about 1" blocks anyway so I bought them. I may change my mind and not use them though. Undecided!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Ok, newbie here, familiar with cranking up the bars (did this on my Z71 gasser), but what are the "green keys"? Where do you get them and how to install? I did notice my Z71 rode rougher after I cranked the bars 3 turns to make it sit level. Max on that truck was like 5 turns--could not imagine cranking 10 turns!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Do a quick search for green keys and you will have more than enough to read

·
Registered
68 Posts
Does cranking the bars up cause a harsher ride or require a front end alignment. Any other negatives ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts